Thai Consulate In Vancouver, Bc, Canada

Ok this is great guys!

I am a 24 yr old Canadian in Vancouver. Anyone know how the consulate is here? On the Vancouver Thai Consulate site it just says an "O" visa is for any "other" purpose; but the Los Angels (US) Thai Consulate website says that the "O" will NOT be given for reasons such as tourism. Am I going to run into this problem in Vancouver? What can I do to prevent this issue? Can I show proof of funds (if so how much?) or other documentation (like what)? I do not intend on working nor doing anything else illegal so how can I get this "O" visa? It sounds like the best thing going. Please offer suggests or examples of how you how acquired this visa.

Also, I see on the Vancouver Thai Consulate website it says that I need one picture and a birth certificate. Will I need anything else other than the $200CAD fee?

This has been a great help already. Thank you all for your time.

If you going to try and obtain a Non Imm O you/ll have to put down visiting family and friends as reason for visit..........you may also have to provide a letter of guarantor from someone in your home country guaranteeing to repatriate you should you run out of funds. In my opinion if you are only coming for a maximum of 6 months the Double entry Tourist visa might be the way to go...........for one thing you/ll definately be granted it with no questions asked.........if you are coming to Thailand for a year then give the O a shot first.

Edited by thaiflyer1

OK. I want to make sure I have the right visa.

If I get the double entry tourist visa I get 60 days and then extend it for another 30 and then leave the country and enter again for 60 days and then extend for another 30, right?

OK so I plan to go to New Zealand after SEA for 6 months or so and then back to SEA so can I get another double entry tourist visa for the second trip?

OK.  I want to make sure I have the right visa.

If I get the double entry tourist visa I get 60 days and then extend it for another 30 and then leave the country and enter again for 60 days and then extend for another 30, right?

OK so I plan to go to New Zealand after SEA for 6 months or so and then back to SEA so can I get another double entry tourist visa for the second trip?

Youve got the first part correct.......Regards the second part of your post you could apply for a another double entry tourist visa in NZ for your return trip to Thailand (not sure how "user friendly" the consulate is there though) or alternatively stop at Penang (Malaysia) and pick one up there (no problem in Penang).