Visa Expires On Sunday

xwteee

My visa expires on a sunday. Is it correct that I should apply for an extension on the following monday, and not on saturday ? Or are both days possible ?

it will expire Sunday Night 00:00 hrs.!

if you leave on Monday overstay fee will be charged and a stamp put into your passport, I would try to avoid this!

Edited by Samuian

I think that you will find that if you leave the next day [in this case Monday] there would be no charge or stamp for overstay; If you wait until the second day after you will pay for both days . I think the fee is now 500 B/P/D,,,,,,

As you seem to desire an extension, indicating that you wish to stay longer, why not take a day trip to Mae Sai. If you've never been its a great outing. Cross over into Burma and then re-enter Thailand. If you have a proper visa in your passport, you will be stamped accordingly, either 60 or 90 days. If you came in on a "VOA" Visa on arrival and go out an in at Mae Sai, you will only get 15 days more. Depends on what your needs and desires are.

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I think that you will find that if you leave the next day [in this case Monday] there would be no charge or stamp for overstay; If you wait until the second day after you will pay for both days . I think the fee is now 500 B/P/D,,,,,,

As you seem to desire an extension, indicating that you wish to stay longer, why not take a day trip to Mae Sai. If you've never been its a great outing. Cross over into Burma and then re-enter Thailand. If you have a proper visa in your passport, you will be stamped accordingly, either 60 or 90 days. If you came in on a "VOA" Visa on arrival and go out an in at Mae Sai, you will only get 15 days more. Depends on what your needs and desires are.

Gonzo

Only at airports is an overstay of one day waived. At landborders you will have to pay.

As to the OP, he will have to extend his visa on Friday.