Importing A Tinny And Outboard Motor

Nignoy

Hoping to take up residence in Huahin in april, is it worth importing my 6 month old 4.2 metre Stessl Tinny with 60 hp 4stroke yamaha outboard, or are these types of boats available for purchase in Hua hin ,Prachuap area, would be grateful for any sensible input, Nignoy

Hasn't Penzman just bought a boat. I know he's not in Prachuap but he could possibly help you.

If you have a trailer you don't need to launch it in the centre of town. You have miles of desserted coastline to choose from.

I have a trailer ,so boat ramp is not neccesary, just did not want to sell this rig and then not be able to purchase a similar one, just could not imagine going without my fishing, sounds a bit sad I know, but it is a bit more than a hobby, Nignoy

My husband would completely agree with you!

Don't import your boat and motor, there is a big tax on outboards here, and they are readily available. Check the online classifieds baht and sold, as well as pattaya newspapers online classifieds. You shouldn't have any problem finding yourself a little dinghy and outboard. Have fun fishing!

I've only been in HuaHin once, no idea about where to launch a boat there since I live in Chonburi.

Yes, I went halves on a fishing boat with a good friend of mine. 3.7m. long, moulded PVC, strongly built, an outboard can be added to it. It's also filled with a foamy substance, like ice boxes, unsinkable. The bottom of the boat does not bend at all when walking on it. I tested it by fishing while standing up and riding the waves from big boats passing by, ample width makes it very stable. There may be bigger models.

It's light enough so that i could load it onto a truck on my own.

One disadvantage, no handles anywhere on it except for a hole at the bow for a cable or anchor. There are also no cradles for using oares, came with 2 paddles. I'll make the parts myself and install them.

I'll try and find info taxes on importing the boat and outboard. Since they are fairly new, it may be to your advantage to sell them now and buy here instead.

Cheers,

Penzman fishing.gif

I've only been in HuaHin once, no idea about where to launch a boat there since I live in Chonburi.

Yes, I went halves on a fishing boat with a good friend of mine. 3.7m. long, moulded PVC, strongly built, an outboard can be added to it. It's also filled with a foamy substance, like ice boxes, unsinkable. The bottom of the boat does not bend at all when walking on it. I tested it by fishing while standing up and riding the waves from big boats passing by, ample width makes it very stable. There may be bigger models.

It's light enough so that i could load it onto a truck on my own.

One disadvantage, no handles anywhere on it except for a hole at the bow for a cable or anchor. There are also no cradles for using oares, came with 2 paddles. I'll make the parts myself and install them.

I'll try and find info taxes on importing the boat and outboard. Since they are fairly new, it may be to your advantage to sell them now and buy here instead.

Cheers,Thank you very much for your advice , have seen the boats you are talking about here.actually did a a test in one for advertisement purposes, unlike my nick I am a bit on the large side and the boat was quite stable even out in the shipping channel. So will put my rig on the market, is it worth it to bring sat,nav and fish finder or are they available too??`once again thanks for the help, Nignoy

PS .anyone wanna buy a tinny!!!!

Penzman  fishing.gif