General Help Needed

Hey guys Im a newbie to this forum and i am just looking for some general information in finding workin in the freight/shipping industry

I am from ireland and i have been workin in the freight industry for the last 5 years as a salesman and operations manager

i am wonderin if anybody could help me or steer me in the right direction about gettin a job in this sector in thailand

the only reason i am thinkin of this is because my father lives there and he is ill @ the moment and he is adament he wants to stay in thailand

I feel it would be better for me to go here and try to get work while still bein closer to my father ..

all help would be greatly apprehiated

Regards

T

Hey guys Im a newbie to this forum and i am just looking for some general information in finding workin in the freight/shipping industry

I am from ireland and i have been workin in the freight industry for the last 5 years as a salesman and operations manager

i am wonderin if anybody could help me or steer me in the right direction about gettin a job in this sector in thailand

the only reason i am thinkin of this is because my father lives there and he is ill @ the moment and he is adament he wants to stay in thailand

I feel it would be better for me to go here and try to get work while still bein closer to my father ..

Regards

T

With the current ecomonic down turn, think you are going to find it hard going to get a job here, all you could really do is look up as many companies as you can on the internet and send them a email, but dont hold your breath waiting for an answer...

Generally for a farang and decent jobs in Thailand its a case of who you know...if you have contacts in the business in Thailand there may be possiblities, but if trying to get a job from outside Thailand without contacts it will be very very hard work

Farangs are only allowed to do certain jobs here in Thailand. I would have no idea whether this profession is allowed. I would think though that to do the job here would require very good Thai language skills both oral and written. Maybe finding an Irish shipping company that deals a great deal with Thailand and try to get them to send you there? Good luck :o

I agree with Soutpeel. Regarding emails, I have sent many emails to Thai companies (& public agencies) due to a book project I am working on.

I can tell you that your chance of getting a response is less than 5%. You will get more of a response if you send a polite follow-up (or two) after a week or so. Set up your emails so you get an auto- response when they open it & that way you may get a name of someone to follow up with. You may also get a few coming back as "deleted unopened"! You might get a slightly better response if you can find someone to translate your email into Thai first.

Also do a Thaivisa forum search using "recruitment agency" "employment agency" "job agency" etc and see what threads you turn up. There are bound to be some good leads in amongst it all.

Good luck :o

Regards

T

good luck in your endeavors..