Documents For Spouse Visa ?

Hello,

I would like to know which documents i need for a spouse visa. We have a baby too.

We went to ayutaya office today and after 120KM in the taxi they just told us to come back with a picture of our home, a plan to our home and a letter from the bank.

I don't understand what they mean by letter from the bank ? Just a letter ?

If anobody can list all the documents we need and explain about this letter :o

Thanks.

(Sorry for my english)

I assume you are going for the 400,000 in the bank option. For that you will need a letter from the bank manager and your bank book showing the money in there for at least 2 months. Your bank should know what immigration wants.

Hello,

I would like to know which documents i need for a spouse visa. We have a baby too.

We went to ayutaya office today and after 120KM in the taxi they just told us to come back with a picture of our home, a plan to our home and a letter from the bank.

I don't understand what they mean by letter from the bank ? Just a letter ?

If anobody can list all the documents we need and explain about this letter :o

Thanks.

(Sorry for my english)

You have to get a certifcate from your Thai bank verifying your balance. It has to be at least 400,000 Baht and be there for 2 months before you apply. You also need your up to date bank book with the same balance.

Also needed your Wife's ID Card and house registration. Your Wife to be interviewed. Photos of you and your Wife in and around your house. A map showing the way to your house, they may come and visit. Application Form. Passport size photo. Your Passport. 1,900 Baht fee. Probably 2 copies of everything including every page of your bank book and relevant pages of your passport.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp. Go back in a month and get the remainder of your 12 months extension.

I put money last week, i need to wait 2 full months before get the letter ? (62 days) ?

What i do for wait, my visa expire in 1 month only.

You can get a 60 day extension to live with your Wife from Immigration. 1,900 Baht.

Taken from the Police Order.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

For the Marriage Extension the money has to be in the bank for 2 months prior to application. You are lucky. Before last November it was 3 months.

From the Police Order.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

What i do for wait, my visa expire in 1 month only.

What kind of visa? If it's a Non Imm O multiple entry, you can do a border run before it expires and get another 90 days permitted to stay. This, of course, will get you over the 60 days-in-the-bank hurdle -- and save you 1900 baht in extension fees.

If it's a tourist visa -- and by "expiration" you mean you've got 1 month remaining on your permitted to stay stamp -- you can convert to a Non Imm O at Immigration for 2000 baht, if you do this within the next 9 days (21 days needs to remain on your permitted to stay period). This step will be required anyway in your progression towards a 12-month extension. Showing Immigration you have the 400k in the bank (plus the other documents they requested) should do the trick for conversion to a Non Imm O -- the 60 day bank aging is only needed for the next step. Which is, after 60 days, you'll return to Immigration to apply for your 12-month extension. Total out-of-pocket to Immigration: 2000 conversion fee, 1900 extension fee, and, optionally, 3800 multiple re-entry fee (or 1000 single re-entry fee).

Gents, I'm not sure if this has been asked, my apologies if it has, have tried searching, but cannot find anything relevant.

My friend is going to apply for an extension of stay based on marriage and was wondering if the 400,000 THB that is required to be deposited in a Thai bank at least 2 months prior to the application can be in a foreign currency (specifically GBP)?

He currently banks with HSBC UK and he does have an account at the branch at Silom, with the exchange rate the way it is now, then he would obviously prefer to keep the money in GBP right now, in the hope that the exchange rate increases later in the year, he would deposit the GBP cash with HSBC Bangkok.

So the question is, will the immigration accept the GBP equivalent of 400,000 THB on deposit at HSBC Bangkok, OR must the cash be deposited in THB and with a Thai owned bank, i.e. SCB, BBL etc.?

The option of 40,000 THB per month income is also viable, he is an ex. fireman and his pension would cover this if the above isn't possible, in which case he will approach the British honoury consul in Pattaya to certify this income, will his salary / pension slips be adequate for proof of income?

Thanks in advance.

Gents, I'm not sure if this has been asked, my apologies if it has, have tried searching, but cannot find anything relevant.

My friend is going to apply for an extension of stay based on marriage and was wondering if the 400,000 THB that is required to be deposited in a Thai bank at least 2 months prior to the application can be in a foreign currency (specifically GBP)?

He currently banks with HSBC UK and he does have an account at the branch at Silom, with the exchange rate the way it is now, then he would obviously prefer to keep the money in GBP right now, in the hope that the exchange rate increases later in the year, he would deposit the GBP cash with HSBC Bangkok.

So the question is, will the immigration accept the GBP equivalent of 400,000 THB on deposit at HSBC Bangkok, OR must the cash be deposited in THB and with a Thai owned bank, i.e. SCB, BBL etc.?

The option of 40,000 THB per month income is also viable, he is an ex. fireman and his pension would cover this if the above isn't possible, in which case he will approach the British honoury consul in Pattaya to certify this income, will his salary / pension slips be adequate for proof of income?

Thanks in advance.

Some Immigration Offices have accepted foreign currency accounts and others have not. Gonna have to ask them.

The pension slips should be ok as proof of income. This is the UK Embassy Website giving details. http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for...ng-in-thailand/

Thanks in advance.

Mattd,My HSBC Account is in England you just show the Honourary Consul Offficial in Pattaya (Mr Barry Kenyon Mob -: 0817827363 ) 6 months statements showing money going in & money coming out via ATM's in Thailand,he will then do a letter for the Immigration, I've just done it on 02/03/09 any doubts give him a call, Good Luck.

Thanks in advance.

Mattd,My HSBC Account is in England you just show the Honourary Consul Offficial in Pattaya (Mr Barry Kenyon Mob -: 0817827363 ) 6 months statements showing money going in & money coming out via ATM's in Thailand,he will then do a letter for the Immigration, I've just done it on 02/03/09 any doubts give him a call, Good Luck.

Sorry Mattd, forgot to say you must show proof of all income, ie letter from Pension provider,

I have for the moment ED visa, will expire on April. I think i'm short of 7-10 days...

"Photos of you and your Wife in and around your house."

You mean together like family pictures with my baby too ? In every room or just only one in the home and one outside ?

Money arrived on february 27 on my account and my ED visa expire on April 24...

What i should do ?

Go and speak to Immigration, they may be freindly.

If they will not do, you can always get a 60 days extension to visit your Wife.

Photos. One of you all outside showing the house number. A couple inside. A photo of your wardrobe with the doors open showing your clothes together. It sounds daft but better to take too much than not enough.

To visit ? I need to go out country and come back ? I don't want past the border again...

My wife refuse to take pictures of she cloths lol.

1. You do not leave , you apply at Immigration.

2. Up to you.

Go and talk to Immigration and see what they suggest.