English Books In Sakorn Nakorn

TexasRanger

Once again I will promote e-books, you can download them anywhere you have internet excess, and if you have a smart phone you can read them on it. And now the best thing about them is you can check them out of public libraries, my sister just set me up with a library card to a library in Canada and I can download them from anywhere for free and have three weeks to read them. I will save me a lot of money. Issangeorge

Once again I will promote e-books, you can download them anywhere you have internet excess, and if you have a smart phone you can read them on it. And now the best thing about them is you can check them out of public libraries, my sister just set me up with a library card to a library in Canada and I can download them from anywhere for free and have three weeks to read them. I will save me a lot of money. Issangeorge

I have investigated e-books but to my dissipointment the selection is very limited. Am I looking at it correctly? Maybe you can add tips on searching for e-books by my or anyones favorite topics and or authors?

There is a falang bar in the town, it was called Neds bar and now is called Toon Army. They have many English books that you can borrow.

Geordie.

By the way it's not my bar

I was going to search this site and depending on the results was going to start my own topic. What I want to know, are there many places through out Thailand to exchange/borrow used english books? I was in Mukadahan and found a little coffe shop but now I am on Phuket Island. Any knowledge out there?

Cheers, I tried e-books years ago but couldn't get used to it, plus I like to buy books and keep them here for when friends are out on holiday etc. Guess Sakorn is a big No No for English books then, I will buy a case load when I go back to Bangkok so i don't get caught again.

You can buy and exchange books at www.farangbooks.com they deliver by post at 10b per book. A small selection but they may have something you like

I'd be careful of that site, it looked good and i tried to order books woth 1300 Baht and when it went to the paypal page it tried to charge me 1300 US Dollars !!!!!!

Lucky I noticed.

I have stayed here longer than anticipated this time and am running out of books to read, does anyone know where I can buy English books in or near Sakorn Nakorn? A long shot I know but just thought I would ask......

You can order online at:

www.megabooksthailand.com

delivery is usually within 24 hours to anywhere in Thailand and is free of charge on orders over $60.

There is a falang bar in the town, it was called Neds bar and now is called Toon Army. They have many English books that you can borrow.

Geordie.

By the way it's not my bar

Hey Geordie

Can you give me some idea where this bar is in the town.I take it were talking about Sakon Nakhon?

Will be out the later in the year for hopefully a long period of time.I know Im gonna need some normality from time to time.lol.

Hi Longstebe,

there is a drinking area in the center of town called Party night and Golden pond disco, it is only walking distance from there, just ask one of the staff at party night and they will give you the directions to the Toon Army bar. It is run by a lad from the Northeast of England.

Geordie

I have stayed here longer than anticipated this time and am running out of books to read, does anyone know where I can buy English books in or near Sakorn Nakorn? A long shot I know but just thought I would ask......

I have a list of about 400 english language books for sale.

PM me if you want to take a look at the list on an excel speadsheet. It's also in the classified section of Thai Visa.

I'm bases in Isaan, Pak Chong, but can post books following a paypal or bank transer payment.

Thanks,

GFL.

QUOTE (Buckaroo @ 2009-03-07 20:48:32) *

You can buy and exchange books at www.farangbooks.com they deliver by post at 10b per book. A small selection but they may have something you like

I'd be careful of that site, it looked good and i tried to order books woth 1300 Baht and when it went to the paypal page it tried to charge me 1300 US Dollars !!!!!!

Lucky I noticed.

The Paypal payment gateway at www.farangbooks.com has been fixed and now all payments via Paypal are manually checked before being issued.

Thank you TexasRanger for bringing it to our attention.