Detention centres

kan

Now that we are on that subject, how BAD is incarceration over there?   I hear it is the worse, like the worse in Asia...BAD, real BAD.   I hear you can count on teeth being knocked out, and terrible illness, and being uses as a punching bag by the general population.  as they all think that Americans have access to hundreds of thousands.  That figures, as the usual half assed TV shows depicting people here living in mansions driving nice cars with no visible means of support is thought to be reality.   I have been told by europeans that they walk, where Americans are detained because we are all thought to have access to tens or hundreds of thousands.  God help it if I ever got locked up there, as I ain't got access to anything.  This is why I break absolutely NO LAWS when there, and respect the customs beyond belief.

hello. about this; Amnesty International, and The International Red Cross, after visiting jails in Thailand-(Bkk. and Chiang-mai), described conditions (amongst other things) as "inhumane, atrocious, and cruel" and amongst the WORST in any prisons in the world. I also have a Thai relative who spent time in Thai prison awaiting trial 5 months and then found innocent, locked in cell designed for 100 inmates and then holding over 250!!! This is one reason why i asked my original question, that if my Farang "husband" is locked up for overstay, will he be with the general population, or are overstay detainees locked up seperately. Thankyou, Kan

My, my Kan, has this anything to do with your other posting under Overstay-?

Chiangmai I do not know, Bangkok immigration detention "caters" for any offender to immigration laws. But this also includes common criminals waiting to be extradicted to their homeland(s) for crimes committed there. I have a good friend who visits regularly to assist detainees from his own country by help of a church. His advice "don't go there, it is not nice at all"

Axel tells it as it is Kan. Definitely not the place to voluntarily become a guest. Irrespective of your thoughts about the guy, he is totally irresponsible. No care about you, or legal obligations. That sham marriage of yours is a game for him, you are his toy. Please do not borrow the money yourself. He'll flee the scene and leave you with the debt. He comes from farangland, let his family send the money.

to dr_pat_pong, what a sad person you are to condemn my man when you know NOTHING about him!!!! we have been together for 2 years. we are both God's children. We both respect Thailand, her laws, and rules. My "husband" does never go to bar. My husband does not drink ANY alcohol-EVER. he has a kind and gentle nature. who are you mr "doctor" to slander him so cruelly? better you take a long hard look at your own character before you judge!? you are nothing-empty air. thankyou. Kan