Some advice for me, please.

I'm a Canadian, 48yo, who's been here 2.5 years on a Non-immigrant Education visa.  The ED visa was extended for an extra 3 months until July 31st, 2003 through my school.

As my wife was pregnant, we couldn't travel when the visa was ready to expire, so Bumrungrad Hospital assisted us in getting another 90 day extension, this time for medical reasons.  

The visa changeover wasn't that smooth, as my family has been here under my ED visa, and now we're here under my wife's visa for MEDICAL reasons.  We had to use 2 different divisions at Immigration, and got 'under review' stamps, for review on different dates for different divisions.  It looks as though we'll probably be able to stay through the 90 day period the hospital recommeded, but we're having to go back for more reviews every month.  Fortunately Bumrungrad helps as part of their international services, but it's still a hassle.

NOW,  ...I've never worked here, and currently do not work, but we wish to renew our visas and stay for possibly another year.  I have income from abroad which affords us a decent standard of living.  I have 3 degrees: a BSc from a Canadian University, an internationallly recognized, 1-year, post-graduate TESOL certification from Canada, and an MBA from SASIN at Chulalongkorn U this year.

I have until about the end of October to sort this out.  If I want to stay, what is the easiest way to do it and maintain the continuity of one-year visa renewals in case I wanted to apply for the residence certificate next year?  At very least, if we can't get the continuity, what's the best approach for a year renewal for myself and family.

Fortunately I've never had to do a visa run or anything like it, and as I'm here with my wife and 2 kids the four of us would obviously prefer NOT to have to run all over ####'s half acre to get this done.  Any good advice from the seasoned membership in this forum would be very much appreciated.

Marshalsea

Regarding Non Immigrant ED Visa, I also have a question and hope anyone who answer above question will be in a position to answer my question as well.

I recently helped one of my friends to obtain a Visa from UK to Thailand. He is due to arrive in November this year. Actually I was trying to help him to get a non-immigrant B. What I did was, sent a letter to Thai Embassy in UK saying Mr XXXX is invited for a Training Session covering one month period from the Company I work in Bangkok.

I did a similar thing from a different country for myself and fortunate enough to get the first non-immigrant B type Visa for my entry to Thailand.

But in UK, they have not issued a Non-Immigrant B type visa for my friend. Instead, they have issued a Non immigrant ED type Visa.

Now his plan is to come to Thailand and then find a job, go back to another country and with the Job invitation letter from the employer to get a non immigrant B type VISA.

But if by chance he is not been able to find a job before his VISA expires, then will he be able to get an extension for his present Non-immigrant ED type visa with a letter from the same Company indicating that they have extended his Training Period.  If your Answer is yes, then can he do it without leaving Thailand?

Thank you