Almost Died Today

SiamSuzi

Ya that guys led a seriously charmed life to never see anything, I've personally walked/driven past at least 10 dead bodies in a few years, this place is a deathtrap when it comes to driving, it's just a matter of time. Someone has your name on their front bumper, you just haven't met them yet.

Well I hope not.

I understand the absolute danger on the roads here. I was just asking how often people actually see serious accidents.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a few years I have seen more dead bodies in the streets here than every before back home.

And I'm not even counting the 'fresh' blood stains that one see in the intersections or so on ones way to the van or taxi in the morning, to signal that there was a bad accident (often with a MC) at that location during the night...

I always wonder about the students from the schools. There must be regular deaths. I wonder how the other students and the teachers deal with this. An accident involving students on a bike must often result in more than one casualty, so most kids must know of someone that been killed or seriously maimed.

Ya that guys led a seriously charmed life to never see anything, I've personally walked/driven past at least 10 dead bodies in a few years, this place is a deathtrap when it comes to driving, it's just a matter of time. Someone has your name on their front bumper, you just haven't met them yet.

Well I hope not.

I understand the absolute danger on the roads here. I was just asking how often people actually see serious accidents.

Oh, just a funny thing I forgot about, when I first came to Thailand 6 years ago I was training in Pattaya and in the 6 weeks I was there every day had a new chalk outlines of the bodies from accidents. Sometimes the chalk outlines were in pieces.... Somewere along the line some genius realised this was bad for tourism and they stopped outlining the bodies every day, somehow I think that doesnt mean the bodies stopped dropping.