Can I Just Take My Son From Thailand As The Mother Cannot Take Care Of Him ?

Why would Uk authorities on being notified through Thai police not invoke the Hague convention and have him sent back to Thailand?

If I read the OP right, all he is worried about is whether immigration would stop him at the airport. Then he is concerned about what might happen if he went back to the UK via a non direct route; would Singapore for instance do anything ?

Any worries after he gets his child to the UK are meaningless. He will be in the UK as he recognised father of a child with a UK passport. I doubt the child's mother would ever get a visa if he set his mind to it. Her specific comments about her returning to the oldest profession should be enough to have any visa request denied.

I suspect useless Thai lawyers and no need for any UK lawyers once in the UK is all the legal knowledge he needs. What he does need is to get past immigration with his baby and into the air on the plane. After that, goodbye Thailand, likely forever.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it all goes well whatever you decide...

Could you not just trick the mother into signing a consent form to take him abroad? Surely she doesn't read english too well. I think in your situation I would become very dirty and get her drunk/high/lie my arse off to her, to get her to sign something. Desperate times and all that...

Good luck

Dont think you will find an honest lawyer who will put your emotions first.

Good luck and go quick with your son,as i believe the thai mother is no good and will do anything to UPSET YOU.

A combination of drink and god knows what else and you have a woman from hel_l.

Oneposter mentioned a train to Malaysia,sounds a good idea to beat anybody trying to find you,as she will suspect you are at Bk AIRPORT.

Hope things go well and please take the kid to Scotland

^well u weren't a parent, so you can understand the difference.

Agreed there.

I do know some people who brought their kids here alone, but they had consent from their spouse in Thailand. One gave their consent, the other one went through the courts (she was rich so no problem there).

Met her lawyer when I visited her with the Mrs in Bangkok - he was as sharp as a knife.

Best of luck to the OP.

It's always dicey when taking children that aren't accompanied by both parents, especially in areas where trafficking is a problem. I know one girl who was leaving and before she could get a visa (different from your situation), she had to get a certified letter from her father (whom she hadn't seen in years), and the village head.

As the OP and the mother are not married, the mother would have had to give permission for her son to obtain his British Passport, thereby giving her permission for the child to travel overseas. Although you would not have any problems leaving the country with your son, it may result in legal problems at a later date. I believe under Thai law that as you were not married to the mother when the child was born then the mother has sole custody of the child. However if I was in your shoes I would take the boy back to the UK and then sort out any legal problems (if any arise).

With regard to the Thai Police involvment, I guess it will depend on who pushes their buttons. Example: Several years ago a friend of mine was living in the UK with his new Thai wife. His ex British wife was a junkie and he had custody of their 3 year old son, his ex had visitation rights. He decided to move to Thailand with his Thai wife and his son. 2 days after arriving in Thailand he was paid a visit by the Thai police who informed him that his ex wife had reported him for abducting their son and taking him to live in Thailand without her permission. The Thai police told him that if he did not return to the UK with his son within 48 hours they would arrest him and deport both him and the boy. He returned to the UK, took his ex back to court and was awarded full custody of the child with no visitation rights for the mother, and full permission from the courts for him to relocate the child to Thailand.

Good luck to you and your son.

My advice (having been in a similar situation) would be to cut a deal with mother. The deal will involve a cash payment and will give you sole custody of your child. If you taking the child back to the UK without her permission I'm confident that you will be able to pass all immigration and passport controls. But what about if you want to come back to Thailand. She can make that very difficult. Pay her off, you'll be surprised how willing some people are to sell their children. Employ a good lawyer. Have every dopcument translated before you sign.