Best Uk/sterling Bank For Expats

Recommendations please for reliable UK/Sterling bank/building society based on following:

Am officially Overseas Resident (according to HMRC), am not going back to UK, need to open account from here (happy to send required/notarised docs by post).

Have monthly Service pension and ongoing UK Standing Order commitments.

Need Visa/MasterCard, internet banking, 24 hour telephone banking and use card in local ATMs, duplicate card for Thai spouse.

DO NOT want and will not recommend Abbey International!

Just recommendations please, will go to recommended websites with specifics plus UK family are doing some legwork for me, just want to get on with it!

Thanks in advance.

Recommendations please for reliable UK/Sterling bank/building society based on following:

Am officially Overseas Resident (according to HMRC), am not going back to UK, need to open account from here (happy to send required/notarised docs by post).

Have monthly Service pension and ongoing UK Standing Order commitments.

Need Visa/MasterCard, internet banking, 24 hour telephone banking and use card in local ATMs, duplicate card for Thai spouse.

DO NOT want and will not recommend Abbey International!

Just recommendations please, will go to recommended websites with specifics plus UK family are doing some legwork for me, just want to get on with it!

Thanks in advance.

I use the Nationwide - they can provide all the items you require.

Flexiaccount - e'savings - STD'S or DD'S, VISA card etc and no charge for ATM transactions EXCEPT Siam Commercial ( 20bt charge each time)

300GBP MAX withdrawal per day per card.

Hope this helps you.

BT :o

If you want a regular high street bank with cheque book then Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Avoid HSBC as you have to maintain a minimum balance of 25k Quids or they charge you 20 Quid a month.

Lloyds charge 50 Quid a year to be a member of their "Overseas Club" if you want an offshore account.

Edit: I assume you know you should have your money offshore in Channel Islands / Isle of Man?

Edited by PattayaParent