6 Seater Taxi From Airport To Koh Sarn Road

Hello,

There will be 6 people travelling in our group and we'll be heading off to the Koh Sarn Road. Would it be easier to take 2 taxis or can we arrange for a minibus (Ie a 6 seater MPV !) thing and if so would it be any cheaper?. I'm guessing 2 taxi's from the airport to KSR..would no more than 400bht per taxi. Or should we just start haggling with the "limo" sharks when we come out of arrivals?

Thanks for any info?

Hello,

There will be 6 people travelling in our group and we'll be heading off to the Koh Sarn Road. Would it be easier to take 2 taxis or can we arrange for a minibus (Ie a 6 seater MPV !) thing and if so would it be any cheaper?. I'm guessing 2 taxi's from the airport to KSR..would no more than 400bht per taxi. Or should we just start haggling with the "limo" sharks when we come out of arrivals?

Thanks for any info?

I would reckon of you are a group of 6 budget travelers and headed for Khao San Road, you should plan on taking 3 local taxis. You will probably have humongous backpacks and most if not all taxis here run on LPG so half the trunk/boot is taken up with a huge gas bottle (the other half is taken up by a bucket, half a dozen engine oil bottles and at least 20 cleaning rags and towels of differing sizes). With 2 pax/cab, you should be able to travel reasonably comfortably with all your gear for around 500 baht/taxi.

there is a bus AE5 (as I remember) straith from the terminal to khaosan rd and cost 170 baht. You can take as much luggage as you want.

There are very few 6 seater taxis in bangkok and I wouldn't count on them. The airport limo operated by TAT is 1800 baht

Thanks guys, maybe the taxi thing is the route.

I tried Julietaxi many times last year and the e-mail kept coming back undeliverable.....maybe I'll try again.

Thanks,

C

I had the same problem too. In the end I just gave up after many failed attempts.