Internet Banking With Self-managed Fixed Deposit Facilities

Hi All

I have a question. I am moving back to BKK soon, and would like to open an account with a Thai Bank with internet banking.

The key feature for me though, is that I can open temporary fixed deposit accounts using this facility without having to go to the branch.

I already do this in Malaysia using HSBC and I suspect that HSBC thailand will offer the same facility, but what about Thai Banks? I know that Bangkok Bank doesn't have this feature (I have an account already).

Any help will be much appreciated...!

Thanks

D

Thai banks will ask for fresh copies of passport and WP for each fixed deposit opened. Isuggest you check with Citibank Bangkok's Flexible Time Deposit a/c. Once you have done the initial a/c set up with them (i.e., copies of pp & wp etc) you can add to / withdraw from the a/c with a relatively high degree of flexibility.

Thai banks will ask for fresh copies of passport and WP for each fixed deposit opened. Isuggest you check with Citibank Bangkok's Flexible Time Deposit a/c. Once you have done the initial a/c set up with them (i.e., copies of pp & wp etc) you can add to / withdraw from the a/c with a relatively high degree of flexibility.

hi mark, i don't know why thai banks make it so difficult to do such a simple thing. Malaysia is not a 1st world country (yet) and we already have full-featured internet banking. Nonetheless, thanks for the tip and I certainly will check out citibank... however are the deposits manageable by internet banking?

hi mark, i don't know why thai banks make it so difficult to do such a simple thing. Malaysia is not a 1st world country (yet) and we already have full-featured internet banking. Nonetheless, thanks for the tip and I certainly will check out citibank... however are the deposits manageable by internet banking?

Why don't you just go and contact the banks?

What do you expect to find here that would override their rules?

Why don't you just go and contact the banks?

What do you expect to find here that would override their rules?

i certainly will, once I land in BKK.... :o

thanks anyway!

Your info about BKK Bank is not correct. Once you have a fixed a/c (e.g. 1 yr term), you can make a further deposit to it anytime - i.e. further deposits of 1 year. But if you want a 2yr term then that has to start with opening at the branch, and then you can come back to the internet for additional deposits. Also for BBL you can deposit to the fixed a/c via ATM and via depositing cash at the deposit machine. The account has to be "linked" to you card to start with tho.