Chiang Mai To Pattaya

Patriciachas

Is their a regular bus from Chiang Mai to pattaya ,does anyone know the cost also.

Nakornchai Air operate a service from CM (from Arcade) to Pattaya every day, but I'm not sure of the price. I used it about 6 years ago and it took about 12 hours. I'm guessing it costs about 650 Baht one way. Check out their website at world wide web dot nca dot co dot th

Yes, Nakorn Chai operate a bus to Pattaya, however it takes a very long time because it takes the old road South, and stops in just about any province it passes.

So it's actuallly quicker to take any VIP bus down to Bangkok, then connect at the same terminal (Mo Chit Northern & North Eastern) to the regular (Roong Ruang) bus to Pattaya. Those run every half hour or so, so you don't lose much time waiting for it either.

Of course if you don't like changing buses, or don't fancy the walking to the departures hall at the Bangkok bus station then you could consider the 'direct' bus, but it'll be a loooooooooooooonggg trip.

Another great way to Pattaya is to fly Air Asia to Bangkok and book the Bell Travel bus to Pattaya. This leaves from the main terminal in Suvarnabhumi, takes the Motorway to Pattaya and they then even bring you to your hotel in a minivan.. All for 150 or 200 baht or so, it's a great service. Takes less than 2 hours from the airport.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

have you also tried the overnight train to bkk, con also catch a train to pty, you can go first class sleeper. about 1200b you get your own cabin, when you wake up you will be in bkk, you will also fell more refreshed, you can also travel cheaper with other classes on the train, maybe cm,to bkk by train then pty by bus, mini buses leave victory monument in bkk they leave when full price about 180b to tut kom on pattaya tai,

I think the train to Bangkok is a good option vs the bus if you value comfort more than time (train takes a bit longer than bus). However taking the train to Pattaya is ***VERY*** slow, no comparison at all to the regular Motorway buses. That I really wouldn't do.

So if you do take the train you'd probably want to get off at Bang Sue Junction station and then take a taxi to Mo Chit for the bus to Pattaya. This will add about 3-4 hours I guess, but you will sleep better on the train. :o

I'd go second class aircon sleeper in that case though.. 1200 baht for First is hard to justify compared with Air Asia when booked ahead of time. ( Unless you enjoy train travel in its own right of course. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I think the train to Bangkok is a good option vs the bus if you value comfort more than time (train takes a bit longer than bus). However taking the train to Pattaya is ***VERY*** slow, no comparison at all to the regular Motorway buses. That I really wouldn't do.

So if you do take the train you'd probably want to get off at Bang Sue Junction station and then take a taxi to Mo Chit for the bus to Pattaya. This will add about 3-4 hours I guess, but you will sleep better on the train. :o

I'd go second class aircon sleeper in that case though.. 1200 baht for First is hard to justify compared with Air Asia when booked ahead of time. ( Unless you enjoy train travel in its own right of course. )

I

Is their a regular bus from Chiang Mai to pattaya ,does anyone know the cost also.

I took NakhornChai VIP bus from Pattaya to CM last month. It was the nicest bus I have been on in Thailand. About 12 hours as I recall and 700-800 baht(as I recall). Had uniformed attendant, served a couple snacks and reasonably comfortable reclining seats. Did not stop more than 2-3 times.

If I return to Pattaya, I will use it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I took NakhornChai VIP bus from Pattaya to CM last month. It was the nicest bus I have been on in Thailand. About 12 hours as I recall and 700-800 baht(as I recall). Had uniformed attendant, served a couple snacks and reasonably comfortable reclining seats. Did not stop more than 2-3 times.

would you by chance remember what time it left pattya and from where? obliged--u--

Thats GREAT to hear!! I was on the NCA website yesterday and indeed noticed an additional Chiang Mai - Rayong bus route, via the Tak route!! I presume that was the one you took. (Ther other one drives the old road 11 and stops everywhere).

So that's very good news.. 12 hours is pretty acceptable.. Going via Bangkok you wouldn't be much quicker I think (if at all).

BTW, driving myself it takes 8-9 hours.

However taking the train to Pattaya is ***VERY*** slow, no comparison at all to the regular Motorway buses.own right of course. )

There is only one third-class train daily (weekdays) between Bangkok and Pattaya (and onwards to Ban Plutaluang). It does not run weekends/holidays. The train leaves Hualamphong around 07:00 which means making a connection with one of the inbound sleepers from Chiang Mai is dicey. The train back from Pattaya to Bangkok arrives Hualamphong such that one can connect to either the sleeper departing at 19:35 or the one at 22:00.

would you by chance remember what time it left pattya and from where? obliged--u--

The bus left Pattaya about 7:30 pm as I recall. The station in Pattaya is on the east side of Sukhumvit Rd, very near Pattaya Klang. I bought the ticket a day or two in advance at the station. There are several Pattaya - Chiang Mai busses. this is the higest priced one

Edited by bjohn34