What Are You Doing For Your Throat In This Air ?

orang37

Nothing yet, but I am about to buy an air purification system for my home, and am looking into effective masks to wear out of doors.

Where do you buy those? (air purifyers) and I assume they are legit?

I'll be more than happy to tell you where I bought them -- I'm now planning to get two -- once I have! I don't want to start a run on the place and then find I can't get any for myself. :o They are quite legitimate. More precisely, if they are what they are purported to be, they would seem, from the googling I have done, quite legitimate, and the place that sells them has all the hallmarks of a legitimate outlet that would not sell products that are not what they are purported to be. More to come.

Further research has led me to question the 'legitimacy' of the air purification device I was looking at, and I am no longer planning to buy it.

From Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone ):

"It is not recommended to mix any amounts of hydrocodone and alcohol, as doing so could cause health problems. APAP is metabolized solely by the liver." ... snip ... Let's be careful out there :o

Excellent and timely advice for this lot, Khun Priceless.

thanks, ~o:37;

My neighbour sells air purifiers through Amway. After mentioning to her that some people are looking for them, she wanted me to post her info here. I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. It's a favour.

She said that the standard price is over 40 000 baht but like everything in Thailand, she can discount. Her number if 089-9997729 (Her name is Na Wa Rat).

Info on the machine is here.

I have no idea if this price is comparable to other machines in Thailand or not.

Last year I was coughing the whole month of February and March. Nothing I took from the pharmacist here seemed to help it.

This year I brought with me some cough medication under the generic name Hydrocodone Bitartate. I started coughing almost immediately after arriving in Chiang Mai the beginning of February, and took 1/2 teaspoon full 4 times daily for three days, and my cough has all but disappeared.

Where did you bring it from - isn't hydrocodone a narcotic?

Sounds like it has the same effectiveness as the old codeine linctus - which if it didn't relieve your cough, certainly stopped you worrying about it. :o

smoking more cigarettes to prevent the nasty, dirty air getting in.

Indeed, however there may be some truth to what you say. Only 2 people in my department are not experiencing any nasty side effects from the pollution we both smoke! The head of my department came in on Thursday and couldn't even speak she asked me what my secret was and I told her I polluted myself for 20 plus years with cigarettes and cigars in the largest metropolitan in the USA, a little pollution hardly seemed to bother me.

Indeed, however there may be some truth to what you say. Only 2 people in my department are not experiencing any nasty side effects from the pollution we both smoke! The head of my department came in on Thursday and couldn't even speak she asked me what my secret was and I told her I polluted myself for 20 plus years with cigarettes and cigars in the largest metropolitan in the USA, a little pollution hardly seemed to bother me.

The question on this thread is the equivalent to asking a cigarette smoker who starts hacking all day what he should do. You eliminate the source of the problem - ie MOVE.

Everyone that lives in CM is breathing in large amounts of unhealthy, polluted air that has been proven to cause a number of serious medical problems. Instead of doing the sensible thing, many of you wait to get sick and then look for something to treat it. Like the old joke "Hey doc, what can I do? My arm hurts when I raise it over my head. Doc: Stop raising it over your head."

The question on this thread is the equivalent to asking a cigarette smoker who starts hacking all day what he should do. You eliminate the source of the problem - ie MOVE.

Everyone that lives in CM is breathing in large amounts of unhealthy, polluted air that has been proven to cause a number of serious medical problems. Instead of doing the sensible thing, many of you wait to get sick and then look for something to treat it. Like the old joke "Hey doc, what can I do? My arm hurts when I raise it over my head. Doc: Stop raising it over your head."

Okay it was a crude attempt at humor I'll give you that however; some of us live and work here it's not that easy to pick up and go on holiday until the smoke clears. I use visine for the sore dry scratchy eyes and mybacin for the nasty sore throat my family and I are in good psychical condition and suffer no bad symptoms or illnesses (yet). And just for the record I don't hacking all day or at all for that matter everything in moderation and the risks are minimal.

My mother used to give me an Indian Home remedy that I've found to work for minor coughs and throat irritation:

A glass of warm milk with one or two teaspoonfuls of turmeric powder. Stir and drink. Still tastes like milk because turmeric is pretty much tasteless.