Renting Requiering A Non Imigrant Visa?

Hi

I own quiet some studios here in Pattaya and I rent them to friends or friends of friends for cash. Is that actually allowed with a toursit visa? Or is that considered as work already?

Edited by Timy

Hi

I own quiet some studios here in Pattaya and I rent them to friends or friends of friends for cash. Is that actually allowed with a toursit visa? Or is that considered as work already?

You are living here right? Do you travel around and collect money? Take care of your property? Any kind of marketing INC. Admin? If so I think you will find that is considered as work. Better off with a WP I think.

That is not forgetting TAXES!

Sean-

Edited by SeanPhuket

Hi

You are living here right? Do you travel around and collect money? Take care of your property? Any kind of marketing INC. Admin? If so I think you will find that is considered as work. Better off with a WP I think.

Sean-

Working for yourself is not considered work.

A foreigner staying here on retirement visa cannot also be a landlord? If he is a landlord, he needs a work permit? Surely not.

Taxes can still be paid on the rental income. I am sure you do not need a work permit to pay taxes on interest earned from bank deposit and such.

Edited by trogers

Hi

Sean-

Working for yourself is not considered work.

A foreigner staying here on retirement visa cannot also be a landlord? If he is a landlord, he needs a work permit? Surely not.

Taxes can still be paid on the rental income. I am sure you do not need a work permit to pay interest earned from bank deposit and such.

????????????????

Yeah very sadly I fear that working for yourself is considered work. I was not sure thou if negotiating my rent privately falls under this category, but obviously it does. Sadly I highly doubt that I will be granted a WP for this kind of work. It´s a bummer, now I have to pay beside the tax a fee for some estate agent. Bah...