8 Years Of Live Music At The Blues Factory

Blues Factory

On Saturday 4th April the Blues Factory will be celebrating its 8th year anniversary so we will be holding a bit of a party in the club!

There will of course be 2 live bands featuring - "The Blues Machine" featuring Snowman and Mary and "The Rock Machine" featuring Pattaya's hottest new guitarist "Nueng" and of course our resident superstar The “Guitar King” of Thailand Lam Morrison.

I am also pleased to have a selection of guests artists who will be joining the bands on stage including some famous well known Thai musicians and a few local faces who in their own right are all recording artists and professional musicians.

Together with lucky number draws with some great prizes and a free buffet we hope to have a great night and we look forward to seeing you, last but not least I'd like to thank all who have helped us to provide great quality live music over the past 8 years.

:o

Edited by Blues Factory

Bluddy hel_l is it over 8 years since The Aussie Bar days? Doesn't time fly?

Wish i could join you but unfortunately im still working on my retirement plan, ironically 8 years still to go!

Certainly does fly by doesn't it. :D

Mary has a great act and is worth watching. Filipinas are great musicians and singers, much better than their Thai counterparts. Liam Morrison is overrated and after having watched him a few times I could not be bothered to wait for him to perform. He appears to live in his own world and thinks he is the greatest. I am not saying he is not a great singer and performer, but there are better than him and he appears to be up himself. :o

Does anyone know Mary's age? I saw her at the Expat Club at Christmas and she did not look that good without her makeup and blond wig in broad daylight. Having said that, she is still a great lady with a fantastic personality. She must be at least 50+. Despite that, I would not mind getting into her pants. Call me a male chauvinistic pig if you are inclined to do so. :D

I heard that a similar blues place in Bangkok called Tokyo Joes closed down recently after operating for several years. Does anyone know what happened to that? Is blues less popular in Bangkok than Pattaya.

Edited by Arkady

Although its not really the right thread to discuss these comments I will do so anyway.

Bluddy hel_l is it over 8 years since The Aussie Bar days? Doesn't time fly?

Wish i could join you but unfortunately im still working on my retirement plan, ironically 8 years still to go!

Certainly does fly by doesn't it. :D

Mary has a great act and is worth watching. Filipinas are great musicians and singers, much better than their Thai counterparts. In general vocal wise I agree, as players of instruments I personally favour the Thais, I like filipino musicians but have yet to see great drummers, guitarists etc. Liam Morrison is overrated and after having watched him a few times I could not be bothered to wait for him to perform. He appears to live in his own world and thinks he is the greatest. I am not saying he is not a great singer and performer, but there are better than him and he appears to be up himself. :D

Lam's over 65 years old now so he sometimes takes time to get himself warmed up which is one of the reasons why I kept Nueng the other guitarist as we can rest Lam more but there is still NO other guitarist in Thailand quite like him, he still has a massive reputation.

Does anyone know Mary's age? I saw her at the Expat Club at Christmas and she did not look that good without her makeup and blond wig in broad daylight. Having said that, she is still a great lady with a fantastic personality. She must be at least 50+. Despite that, I would not mind getting into her pants. Call me a male chauvinistic pig if you are inclined to do so. :D

I know but I'm not printing it, she's indeed not young anymore but she is still as fit as fiddle with her own hair! No wigs. She like Lam can still blow the roof of the place. :D

Regarding the pants bit, sorry that won't happen and I also won't be showing her this post. :o

Edited by Blues Factory

I heard that a similar blues place in Bangkok called Tokyo Joes closed down recently after operating for several years. Does anyone know what happened to that? Is blues less popular in Bangkok than Pattaya.

Don't know about Tokyo Joe's (I think it moved not closed down), but Saxophone Pub is the best Blues venue in Thailand - by far - the resident Thai blues groups are amazing, and they are genuine bluesmen, playing excellent Chicago Blues or similar, not the Hotel California piss artists, like a lot of farang guitarists.

Don't know about Tokyo Joe's (I think it moved not closed down), but Saxophone Pub is the best Blues venue in Thailand - by far - the resident Thai blues groups are amazing, and they are genuine bluesmen, playing excellent Chicago Blues or similar, not the Hotel California piss artists, like a lot of farang guitarists.

Agreed good band but all the Thai blues artists seem to play the run of the mill 12 bar blues, how about a genuine Chicago born blues guitarist playing blues? (who doesn't drink)? :o

Anyway back on topic.

Edited by davethailand

A lot of the Thai blues players are very good musicians but many tend to be over indulgent and play such long solos that the audience can't remember what song they were listening to before it got hijacked by a long instrumental piece that is musically unrelated to the song. The blues is about the songs which can have solos in them, not intrumentals that can have short vocal passages in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah well done dave,

I came in a few times when you first opened all that time ago and certainly enjoyed myself.

Won't be able to make it this week as i am in Hua Hin but will certainly try and get in next time i'm in patts.

Hope you have a good night on saturday.