Thai For Rent

jumpstart

Ok, this forum has been very helpful to me; but there's a ton of stuff that I've barely been able to accomplish (DSL hookup, cable TV, etc). Does anyone know of a service or a person that's bilingual that I could rent for a day? Pretty soon I'm going to attempt the drivers license deal and it would make it a lot easier if I had a bilingual person with me. Even trying to tell the motor-taxi driver where to go is going to be a problem... Not including all the other "requirements".

Some of the lawyers offices have clerical staff that will help in every way to get a Thai driver license including driving you there. I talked to one who would do all that for under 1000 baht. It was one of those law offices on North Pattaya Road just right of the Dolphin.

Also, the Pattaya City expat club has some info on their website that they do some kind of periodic group trip to help people get their licenses.

Edited by Jingthing

Wow, that's some great advice. I drive right by there every other day. So, the crossroads would be North Pattaya Road and Naklua right? Would those offices be on North pattaya road, or on Naklua? and on which side of the street? Sorry for being so finnicky, but there's so many places around there you know.

Wow, that's some great advice. I drive right by there every other day. So, the crossroads would be North Pattaya Road and Naklua right? Would those offices be on North pattaya road, or on Naklua? and on which side of the street? Sorry for being so finnicky, but there's so many places around there you know.

Go north on 2nd road to the Dolphin. Turn right at North Pattaya. On the north side of the mall at that corner are some law offices. I don't recall which one I talked to but they may even have reference to their license assistance on their sign. Just ask about the services. Even if you have to talk to two or three offices that all do it, you can compare the offer.

Edited by Jingthing

As another poster stated, The Pattaya City Expats Club does regular trips to the center and thye check all your paperwork prior to going, might be worth popping into The Henry J Beans on Beach Raod on Sunday morning and ask when the next trip is.

Behind the Kiss restaurant - Thai Law Office of Khun Supavisu. Very helpful.

(DSL hookup, cable TV, etc). ....

maybe u should get a

secretary for some days.

will help a lot when they know

what to do & ask.

maybe includes some ''needs''.

easy to say, fluent in thai

and thaigirlfriend...sometimes

miss those times

didnt know anything at all. ehh

• 2 weeks later...

I did a search on Khun Supavisu .......only this thread came up.

Same Same...........got no cable....got not phone....need interpreter.

Don't say the bar. Been to all of them I think. The women seem willing to

take money but don't have any idea of what I am talking about if I ask how

to send a text message to a foreign country. Same on cable tv. They have

no interest in doing "relocation assistance". Seems to be an "Indecent Proposal".