Stonecarvers Where To Find Them?

Soulwy

I would like to meet stonecarvers who carve utilities or sculptures (arty)

I have no idea how to find them.

There are quite a few stone carvers in Bang Sila which is located near Bang Saen in Cholburi. You can catch a bus at the Ekamai bus station on Sukhumvit Road and the bus will take you past Bang Saen/Bang Sila.

The best stone carvers I have ever seen were in Vietnam. I can't remember the name of the town but it is a whole town pretty much dedicated to the industry. It's somewhere north of Saigon but south of the DMZ - not much help I know.

If you are wanting to commission a serious piece of art I'd recommend making the trip. I'm sure the google machine will give you the name of the town.

267291662_cef5e005d9_o.jpg Ang Sila is the only place that I know of.

Perhaps someone can enlighten is what the name actually means in Thai, you will get the message then.

Whilst your there, head a but further along the road to the beach and stop and buy yourself some seafood. I love the Kung (not Goong) they have there seasonally. BBQ and cut em down the middle and eat the meat out...mmm yum.

1%20Balmain%20Bug.JPG

Edited by tuky

Cambodia, Bang/ Ang Sila, Vietnam (The Buu Long stone village, located in downtown Bien Hoa City? Ngu Hanh Son? http://www.danang.gov.vn/home/view.asp?id=...p;id_tin=10513)

Vietnam...a country I'd like to visit in the future anyway.

BTW I need a stonecarver for my own project.

Hey Tuky, what is that? Kung? I have been craving for lobster lately, but I think Kung will do the trick as well!!! Drooling already...

Edited by Soulwy

Cambodia, Bang/ Ang Sila, Vietnam (The Buu Long stone village, located in downtown Bien Hoa City? Ngu Hanh Son? http://www.danang.gov.vn/home/view.asp?id=...p;id_tin=10513)

Vietnam...a country I'd like to visit in the future anyway.

BTW I need a stonecarver for my own project.

Hey Tuky, what is that? Kung? I have been craving for lobster lately, but I think Kung will do the trick as well!!! Drooling already...

That's the place Soulwy - near Danang. I reckon Danang is a bit of a sh*thole though. The stone carvings in this village are absolutley amazing!! Completely Off Topic but Dalat is an awesome place to visit if you do get to the Nam.

• 5 weeks later...