Setting Up A Nursery School In A Private Residence

My friend(Thai) and I are thinking about opening a Nursery in the house that I and my husband(Thai) have recently purchased. My house will be big enough to easily accommodate 30 pre-schoolers.

I would be happy for this venture to be registered in either my friend's name or my husbands or whatever requires the minimum capital required and for he/she or them to employ me as a full-time teacher with a work permit.

Could you please advise us as to how to go about getting legal and the costs that would be involved? Pls, PM me or post your answers here, as this may help someone else toying with the same idea.

The work permit part is essential as I intend to apply for PR in the future. As it is we are operating a Saturday school from our current rented property which of course which we have kept quiet about.

Your advice is extremely appreciated!

You have to obtain a Education License. Lots of red tape and takes around a year to obtain the license.

Very doubtful the nursery would be approved if you live in this house as well. Part of the critera for the license is for the Thai government to be involved in the design of the classrooms and site.

I would be VERY careful to be legal until I started to operate.

It would be faster and easier to be a franchisee of a school that has already been approved. The Ministry of education then already knows the curriculum and the premise then would be their main concern.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Thanks for that Sunbelt. Seems complicated though I have seen a few places where the residence is being used for dual purposes...my house will have an annexe so that could be used if the authorities insist on it.

Are there any fanchises that have been approved that are available and how much cash outlay are we talking about here?

Your comments as always appreciated! :o

Don't worry, I've got it covered!

The nursery is just an idea we're toying with for the future. Incidentally, it is not as difficult as I have been lead to believe. My friend contacted someone in the know who explained the process. Having the capital is not an issue as much as space is.

Don't worry, I've got it covered!

The nursery is just an idea we're toying with for the future. Incidentally, it is not as difficult as I have been lead to believe. My friend contacted someone in the know who explained the process. Having the capital is not an issue as much as space is.

I was just responding to your running a Saturday school already before the proper registration is done.

There is a private house in Sriracha Park View that operates as a day care/nursery. They seemed to have a whole lot of trouble getting it going but it is now running.

We would be amongst your first customers Jing :o

meet Kitty!!! (nickname phuying ling )

2004_1117Toodyay0014.jpg

Contact the MoE would be my advice.

We're a private language school and the building is lived in as well, it's not a massive problem from what I can tell!

You need a Thai principal with a degree in English (possible BEd would be okay etc. as well....again check with the MoE!). And generally the WP rule is tied to the number of classrooms you have as far as I know!

I'll try and find out more! It's not overly difficult though as I know quite a few people that have done so!

Tukyleith,

Kitty is such a cutie!!

Sriracha John, the Saturday schooling and the Nursery are two seperate ventures in two seperate locations! Should I decide to go ahead and try to open a nursery it will be located in the new house that I'm having built. If that is the case then the Saturday school would be put to bed.

KK, yes, you're right about having a Thai person in charge. I already have that part sorted. She is my best buddy, 15 years experience teaching in a Kindergarten at a well known school in our neck of the woods. She is also well qualified with a Masters in Guidance Pyschology/Behaviour.

Initially, I will remain in the background (continue with my current day job) until the Nursery is in a position to apply for a WP for myself.

Don't worry guys ..it'll all be above board! :o