Where To Buy Ups (batter Backup) System In Bkk

stevehaigh

i'm looking for a uninterruptable power supply (battery backup system) but didn't see anything at pantip (maybe hiding in the back somewhere). does anyone know where to find them?

thx steve

Edited by stevehaigh

Pantip is where I bought mine. Recently purchased replacement battery for my five year old Leonics from IT City and they do stock Leonics brand UPS. I don't know if they have APC brand or not.

Don't buy cheap because it will cost you in the long run. I bought one of the cheap units and it lasted about 1 year before it was good only for a paper weight. I would only buy Leonics or APC UPS's.

• 3 months later...

Got tired of BKK's 30 second power flip outs shutting down my PC suddenly.... so I decided my birthday present this year would be a new UPS...

Went shopping today at Fortune Town IT... Found that IT City there on the fourth floor only is stocking Leonics and lesser brands.... They don't seem to stock APC at all...

Kept looking on the fourth floor... Found one shop that quoted me 3250 baht for an APC BK500EI... That sounded OK, but I wanted to keep looking a bit... Found another shop with the next model up... APC BK650AS, which handles 400 watts and 650 volts. Price for that including tax, 3190 baht, which is less than $100 U.S. Seemed like a good deal, so I took it.

Both APC units carry the manufacturer's standard two year repair or replace warranty. Thanks to the other contributors here who passed along their experiences with using APC units. IT City had the Leonics OA Extra 750 unit, which handles 450 watts and 750 volts, for about 3,300 baht, including tax.