Settlement Visas For The Uk

I have been living in Thailand with my (Thai) wife and stepdaughter for over three years now but have recently found out I have to return to the UK (work related).

I want both my wife and stepdaughter to travel with me when I go back and assumed that I would be the sponsor for both of them but while filling in my stepdaughters application form it seems to suggest that my wife should be her sponsor. Everything I can find on the UK Gov web sites and on t/v seems to relate to a Thai mother who is already living in the UK and who already has leave to remain in the UK being the sponsor. But in our case both applications will be going in together so do I put my wife down as her daughters sponsor even though she's not already got permission to stay in the UK or do I put myself down?

I've just found out that I need to be back in the UK next month so the applications are now urgent (as it seems from other threads hear that on average it's taking a month or more to process applications) so quick replies from anybody who has already been through this situation would really be appreciated. I can't afford any delays simply because I misunderstood the rules.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Either may sponsor the daughter both applications go in together with a covering letter.

Thanks Mariner. It's confusing because some of the questions in that section refer to the sponsors elegibility to live in the UK and of course my wife isn't eligible until they actually grant her visa. I didn't want to leave those questions blank and risk a delay because the application form wasn't fully completed. I think the safest thing is ,as I can also be the sponsor, for me to be the sponsor then I can at least answer every question.