Best Way To Leave & Reenter For More Time From Udon Thani-multi O-a

I live in Udon Thani. I am here on a MULTIPLE ENTRY NON-IMMIGRANT O-A VISA "Admitted Until" 08 May 2009. I am seeking suggestions on the best way to leave here and return to add another year to this visa.

I no longer qualify financially based on monthly income to apply for a one year extension when this visa expires so doing it right is important.

By "best way" I am considering cost, convenience and possibly a nice two or three day visit for the wife and I.

Thank you...

I live in Udon Thani. I am here on a MULTIPLE ENTRY NON-IMMIGRANT O-A VISA "Admitted Until" 08 May 2009. I am seeking suggestions on the best way to leave here and return to add another year to this visa.

I no longer qualify financially based on monthly income to apply for a one year extension when this visa expires so doing it right is important.

By "best way" I am considering cost, convenience and possibly a nice two or three day visit for the wife and I.

Thank you...

Easy for you. Get a bus or mini bus to Nong Kai. Cross the border into Laos turn round and come back again. You need a Visa to enter Laos . This can be obtained at the border 1,500 Baht approx.

If you want a couple of days away go and visit Vientienne.

I am here on a MULTIPLE ENTRY NON-IMMIGRANT O-A VISA "Admitted Until" 08 May 2009.

For this situation, the relevant date is: which date comes first, the May 8th "admitted until" date; or the visa expiration date? The earlier of the two is the date before which you'll have to do your 'out and in.'

After your visa expires (one year, less a day, from its issue date), you'll no longer be able to enter Thailand and receive a "one year stamp." So, say the visa expiration date is in June, you may be looking at two trips: one before May 8th -- and one in June to get your last "one year" stamp, thus maximizing the multi entry value of the O-A visa.

Yes. It all depends on the use before date. Have a look at the original Visa. Somewhere on it will be printed "Use Before" or "Enter Before" or something similar.

My visa says "This visa must be utilized before April 29, 2009"

Does anyone know if I can accomplish this flying out of and then back into the Udon Thani Airport? They say it is an international airport; do they have service to other countries in the region?

Thanks for the information!

Yes. It all depends on the use before date. Have a look at the original Visa. Somewhere on it will be printed "Use Before" or "Enter Before" or something similar.

My visa says "This visa must be utilized before April 29, 2009"

Does anyone know if I can accomplish this flying out of and then back into the Udon Thani Airport? They say it is an international airport; do they have service to other countries in the region?

Thanks for the information!

You will have to return before 29th April. As for international flight . I do not think so without going via Bangkok but I could be wrong.

The border is only just over an hour up the road.

You will have to return before 29th April.

This is very important: enter Thailand not later than 28th April. On arrival, you will again be given permission to stay for one year. If you wish to travel abroad during this one-year period you must first get a re-entry permit from your local immigration office to keep you permission to stay alive.

--

Maestro

• 2 weeks later...