What Would You Most Like To Change About Thailand?

Marksamui

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 degrees colder

:D Love you answer 'Birdman'.

The weather is the big reason why I'm still putting off my moving back to live in the LOS - the land of my birth.

Being an outdoors lover, there is no life here if you spend most of your days in the a/c room. :o Furthermore, my health doesn't agree well with the hot and muggy, a typical weather here.

10 degrees colder

:D Love you answer 'Birdman'.

The weather is the big reason why I'm still putting off my moving back to live in the LOS - the land of my birth.

Being an outdoors lover, there is no life here if you spend most of your days in the a/c room. :D Furthermore, my health doesn't agree well with the hot and muggy, a typical weather here.

Sorry, having just survived (?) a Korean winter I can't wait to get back into tee shirt and shorts, the beautiful balmy heat with an ice cold beer. :D

Maigo6 is right, there's too much corruption in Thailand and some b@st@d's getting my share. :o:D

I'm convinced that if most of the above suggestions were applied in Thailand there would be a mass exodus of foreigners who are here because they enjoy the benefits of Thailand's 'failings'.

In your dreams, GH.

What are you smoking? :o

Education Yes. Top Spot

A good High Speed Rail Network.

That would benefit the whole nation. Cut 10 Hours off Chang Mai - Bangkok - Issan

Environment friendly. When compaired with Aircraft and Bus Per Pasenger Kilometer

Unlike trying to get rid of Coruption. It could be done. And it would provide Jobs.

It will be done at a Future date. It is crying out to be done.

High Speed Air Force jets or High Speed Trains.

Now we are getting into politics. Yes sort out the politics first, The rest may follow.

Education

and then an implemantation of traffic laws, particularly moving violations rather than the kind are dealt with in a check stop and require no effort. Make fines payable to the court by mail, not to Officer SomChai's outstretched hand

-open up foreign ownership policies

-noise bylaws

-introduce the concept of wit or subtlety in entertainment

-a car registration policy that takes less than three visits

If education improves all other issues will follow

This is true, but it is going to take probably several generations to see the improvements.

What about things that they could improve in the short term (over the next 5-10 years) for the better of everyone in Thailand?

I think that Thailand should put tenders out to be temporarily colonized by a ferang nation. Maybe just for a few years.

I think they would benefit enormously from the outside input.

You mean a Farang nation should come to Thailand and stay in Thailand, while in the meantime the Thai people populate that Farang country?

In that case could a Farang from that nation be an expat in his own country?

Ever thought about that?

:o

I'm convinced that if most of the above suggestions were applied in Thailand there would be a mass exodus of foreigners who are here because they enjoy the benefits of Thailand's 'failings'.
Anyone who leaves because there's not enough concrete sprawling outward from Bangkok would be an acceptable casualty, heh.

I think that Thailand should put tenders out to be temporarily colonized by a ferang nation. Maybe just for a few years.

You mean a Farang nation should come to Thailand and stay in Thailand, while in the meantime the Thai people populate that Farang country?

In that case could a Farang from that nation be an expat in his own country?

Ever thought about that?

:o

No, not a whole nation, just a selection of overseers to assist with the basics that the Thais don't seem to be able to improve. Like the general complaints we all make about the roads, the environment, education, police force etc. Where ever I go in Thailand, be it the beach, a shopping mall or a restaurant I always think how it would benefit from some outside Thailand logic. :D

Roll back all the development that's taking away all that great green space around Bangkok that's so nice to get out into. Mubaanic plague!

What great green space would that be?

Most of the development if not all is taking place in the inner city areas.

I just thought of another one. Gid rid of the street vendors selling food and put them in Hawker centers.

Start to clean the place up, this will help control the vermin and mossies........

Yes, lets try to make Thailand like Singapore. :o

And maybe, if we are lucky, in about 50 years time it will be just like Switzerland. :D

Yeah right,

And Thailand can be as fcuked up as the countries we all wanted to leave. :o

Yeah right,

And Thailand can be as fcuked up as the countries we all wanted to leave. :o

True, the so called " educated" countries sure do give the right example...... NOT. :D

The "educated" thinking has brought the world a long way... to it`s destruction that is. Wooow, we are really good... aren`t we.

1. Political stability

2. Foreigners allowed to own land for a house

The rest is pretty well perfect in my book, sure there are some things a Foreigner may find annoying, corruption, driving etc but if it were the same as the home countrys it would loose it's charm.