Sending Small Items With The Thai Post Office

Cicinho

I am going to be sending a friend a package for her kid and I was wondering how the process works. I am sending from the uk so will going to the local post office and sending it that way should get it there no problems? Will be delievered to her address? How long on average does it usually take to get from the uk to thailand?

Many prior threads on the subject of posting to/from thailand. see one recent one in particular entitled "does all farang mail get stolen" or similar. use the tv search facility top right this page.

be aware that many parcels are lost or tampered with especially when written in english and addressed to a thai woman! think about it - it kinda screams "i contain a present with card & cash - steal me"

it may or may not be delivered to her house - for example she may get a card telling her to go to local PO

I want to send a large number of small items from here to the UK and I've been told by someone that I can use REGISTERED airmail and once the item arrives in the UK it will be trackable using the parcelforce website, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have parcels/packages sent from the UK to Thailand over the last two years. My friend used to register the parcels and they gave him a tracking number to enter into the UK post office website. He used to text me the tracking number/reference number,I enter that number into the website tracking page. However, all I get online is a message advising me that the parcel/package has left for an international despatching centre and heading for Thailand.

There was no more further informaion I could obtain.

I want to send a large number of small items from here to the UK and I've been told by someone that I can use REGISTERED airmail and once the item arrives in the UK it will be trackable using the parcelforce website, is this correct?

They say 'yes' but in my experience, "NO" is the answer. PTY>USA

regards

Last month I sent a 'bubble envelope' containing a small locket for my granddaughters 1st birthday. Cost me 350 baht registered.

It arrived 6 days later...no problems.

I have also recieved a package from UK about 1 kilo..registered.Delivered 7 days later and had to sign for it....no problems