Multiple Entry O Visa

I've been reading the recent posts on o visas..and was wondering..on a single entry o visa (which is only good for three months) how long of an extension can i get in thai immigration here in bangkok?

when i phoned JACK GOLF, they wanted an astronomical price for the multiple entry o visa. so i've decided that maybe its better to get a single entry (3 months). i already have my cambodian tourist visa, so i gotta go there. sounds tough ..or risky to get the marriage visa alone without any service helping you.

so i wondered how long i can extend a single entry..and what that'd cost me?? jack golf is reasonable for a single entry o visa...but not reasonable on a multipe entry (especially considering the price listed on the actual visa itself is US$175. jack golf quoted me 38 000 in thai baht! no kidding)

any enlightening advice???

A Single Entry Non O Visa can only be extended if you qualify for 12 monthly extensions for Marriage or Retirement etc. Rules here.

As for the service you mentioned, either you misunderstood or something dodgy is going on.

ok....well i am married to a thai national. I am doing the marriage visa in cambodia since i possible dont meet the bank account requirements in thailand's bkk immigration office. in cambodia, you dont have to show the bank account balance according to posts on here.

as far as the quote on the prices..yeah, i am not mistaken. seemed a single entry is more economical. for me

you're saying i can show my single entry to immigration here in bkk when its nearing its end, and get extensions for one year, correct? 'cause my single entry is supposed to be valid for 3 months initially, right?

as far as the other requirements..i meet those requirements you listed above.

just wasnt sure if you could turn that 3 month visa into a one year for under 2 k. you just keep getting 3 month check in's at immigration? and thus, no need to exit and re enter?

Look at the document in the link you were provided, point 2.18. You can extend your permission toi stay if you have either an income of 40,000 baht a month or 400,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months. Without that you can only get a 60 day extension for 1,900 baht and afterwartds you will need to get a new non-O.

thanks Mr. Mario!

so...you can get 60 day extensions from immigration here for under 2 k?? hel_l, thats still better than the usual one month extensions on tourist visas and what not!!!!!!!! :o

does the 40 k you show (if you dont have a work permit) have to be show as money made from abroad, outside thai?? or do they just not care..and take the balance at face value?

thanks Mr. Mario!

so...you can get 60 day extensions from immigration here for under 2 k?? hel_l, thats still better than the usual one month extensions on tourist visas and what not!!!!!!!! :o

does the 40 k you show (if you dont have a work permit) have to be show as money made from abroad, outside thai?? or do they just not care..and take the balance at face value?

The 60 day extension to visit your Thai Wife can only be done one time.

The 40,000 salary if from abroad you have to get a letter from your Embassy verifying this.

If income from within Thailand you have to show records of tax payments plus a work permit which you do not have for your teaching job.