Compulsory Insurance

Neeranam

I've had 2nd class insurance the last few years but never used it. This year, I think I'll save 5,000 baht or so.

But, is the compulsory enough?

On reading my insurance, there seems litle difference between the two.

I am sorry to dissolution you but there is a vast difference between CTPL and 2nd Class and they cannot be compared.

The CTPL is a (very) low cover of Third Party insurance only.

2nd Class is a far higher cover Third Party plus Fire and Theft. Maybe more importantly 2nd Class also includes a Bail Bond and can via Thai Visa Insurance include "Roadside Assist".

Contact your Thai Visa Broker for a quote : http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

compolstery covers only 50'000 Baht for thirt partie personal insury. No property damage, no bail bond, basicly it's nothing. So as a foreigner, if you get involved in a accident, good luck!

Can save money in other ways, but don't save it on the car isurance.

I've had 2nd class insurance the last few years but never used it. This year, I think I'll save 5,000 baht or so.

No. It is small coverage liability insurance. If you are not worried about your vehicle being stolen, you can save at least 2 or 3 thousand baht by getting Voluntary 3rd Party liabilty protection that upgrades you Compulsory coverage and also adds coverage for any property damage you cause and provides bail bond (as Thaivisa has mentioned) - It just removes the fire and theft coverage for your own vehicle that you now have.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not dare to save the 5,000 Thb on the third party coverage. The compulsory insurance covers ONLY personal injury/death made to a third person.

The 5,000 third party covers any damage made to a third party’s property/motor vehicle etc.

A fully comprehensive insurance covers also injury/hospitalization made to your self and your passengers as well as damage made your own vehicle.