No Wonder My Connection Is Slow

AlexLah

what an interesting website. but part of the problem is it bounces it back off their server.

open the command prompt and type in

tracert www.thaivisa.com

and then post.

post-4641-1237367206_thumb.jpg

mine shows hops throughout maxnet and then the final hops are singapore

Guest Reimar
Weird, you both have 11 hubs and me have 19.

post-21826-1237368778_thumb.jpg

Trojan or something?

:o

You use TOT Buddy Broadband with the old TOT Gatway and the problem lies there.

Webfact use CS-Loxinfo and they using them's own Gateway which is fast!

And sbk uses TTT MaxNet which connection is faster and more direct than yours.

If you've a chance to change the ISP, I would suggest that.

Cheers.

Can some others do a trace and post a screendump just to check?

post-21826-1237366171_thumb.jpg

I did from here: http://www.popsci.com/content/trace-your-route

That's an intesting tool. Don't under stand the result that I'm getting though. I'm connecting to Thaivisa from Singapore and the trace that site gives me seems to say I'm being routed to Thaivisa via Colorado US and then back to Singapore again. It doesn't seem to think that I'm connected to a site in Thailand at all. It seems to think that Thaivisa.com is in Singapore.

post-49916-1237370935_thumb.png

Edited by OriginalPoster

That's an intesting tool. Don't under stand the result that I'm getting though. I'm connecting to Thaivisa from Singapore and the trace that site gives me seems to say I'm being routed to Thaivisa via Colorado US and then back to Singapore again. It doesn't seem to think that I'm connected to a site in Thailand at all. It seems to think that Thaivisa.com is in Singapore.

ThaiVisa's servers are in Singapore; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-Ser...l&hl=server

**edit** Just so you know, I got the same weird hops to Colorado from Alexlah's site, but no hops to colorado when I did a direct tracert from the command prompt. So, I think they must be pinging off their server somehow.

***extra edit*** god, that sounds really geeky :o

ThaiVisa's servers are in Singapore; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-Ser...l&hl=server

That's interesting as well. Surprising though, since I'm in Singapore also and find Thaivisa to be a slow loading web site. Most <other> websites hosted in Singapore load blazingly fast.

Actually, it's just measuring the path from the "trace route" web server to thaivisa.com in the photo you attached. You did a host trace, not a proxy trace. Look at the screenshot and you'll see an explanation on the bottom left explaining the path based on which test you choose.

Host trace: Server --> Thaivisa.com

Proxy trace: You --> Server --> Thaivisa.com

Actually, it's just measuring the path from the "trace route" web server to thaivisa.com in the photo you attached. You did a host trace, not a proxy trace. Look at the screenshot and you'll see an explanation on the bottom left explaining the path based on which test you choose.

Tried it again and it says that I'm going through Colorado even when I select the "Proxy Trace" option instead of the "Host Trace" option.

Tried it again and it says that I'm going through Colorado even when I select the "Proxy Trace" option instead of the "Host Trace" option.

same same... and not different... :o

post-327-1237373977_thumb.jpg

This is fuel for a conspiracy, is Colorado where they collect all internet traffic?

:o

:D

I was wondering how long it would take before you pointed out that this proves that the US government is monitoring us all.

Strange indeed. The address in Colorado seems to belong to ntt.net. In my browser it shows up as Japanese Telecom company.

The IP address shown is 206.183.201.161. Looks to me like a backbone

post-327-1237376843_thumb.jpg

Edited by webfact

It is a trace and shows the route the signal travels. Most of Internet traffic is routed via the US.

If you want make sure your are location is Jomtien... you have to check your IP address.

That will show your location most likely the location of your provider, so be prepared to life in Bangkok...

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ :o

Edited by webfact

George, pinging and tracing are vaguely understood concepts by me, so I don't understand why, when I click on your link it shows addresses in Dallas and Los Angeles, while I'm sitting in Jomtien.

It is a trace and shows the route the signal travels. Most of Internet traffic is routed via the US.

If you want make sure your are location is Jomtien... you have to check your IP address.

That will show your location most likely the location of your provider, so be prepared to life in Bangkok...

Okay, whatismyipaddress shows me in Rayong, which is close enough.

So, why does the network-tools.com ping/trace include addresses in Dallas and Los Angeles when presumably pinging/tracing between me (in Rayong/Jomtien) and thaivisa.com in Singapore?

post-33251-1237926135_thumb.png

George, pinging and tracing are vaguely understood concepts by me, so I don't understand why, when I click on your link it shows addresses in Dallas and Los Angeles, while I'm sitting in Jomtien.

Okay, whatismyipaddress shows me in Rayong, which is close enough.

So, why does the network-tools.com ping/trace include addresses in Dallas and Los Angeles when presumably pinging/tracing between me (in Rayong/Jomtien) and thaivisa.com in Singapore?

Some Network guys may give you a better explanation but these US IP addresses are the "junctions" where the traffic is directed to another highway.