Manila or penang? suggestions please

i was just wondering if anyone had been to manila to get a non b visa re entry visa? i have a letter from my work and im english, i just dont want to travel all the way there to get a multiple entry visa if they refuse me and i get 3 months, like many countries near thailand do, its either manila or penang? suggestions or advice please, thanks paul

p.s if i give in my application on monday morning when would i get my visa in penang or manila?

Paul

I put a post on this question late last week and there did not seem to be any replies.  I did search the site and found that somewhere ( I forget where) it said that Manilla was quite positive on approving visas as it was rarely visited for them.

I too have a Non Immigrant B visa and will be flying out end of the month to try Manilla office.  If it is near the same time maybe we can catch up for a beer.

• 3 months later...

Wait a minute ......better think again!!!! I saw a recent post whereas a guy who had been staying in Thailand on and off for many years was denied a visa in Manila because of "too many visas". If I can find the exact post I will copy it here for you. I had the same idea of going to Manila for a new tourist visa, but not anymore.