Farang Deaths In Thailand

Nokkeow

A friend told me a couple of years ago that between 80-100 foreigners die in Pattaya a year, everything from car accidents to heart attacks to murder, with what he thought were a high percentage of suspicious "natural causes" and dubious suicides (man slashing his own thoat, asphyxiation by taping a plasitc bag on his head, etc). His point was that Pattaya was a lot more dangerous than most people think, while I always thought it is much safer than many places in the USA (at least from the perspective of random street crime, which in some places in the US is very high). I am not a troll, and understand the need to take precautions, keeps your wits about you, etc so I am not looking for advice on how not to become a victim. Just curious is my friend's opinion is backed up by more than anectodal evidence.

Suicide is a more common form of death than most people think, and many men come to Thailand after selling all that they can in their own countries, live the high life for a few years, start to run out of money, get all cynical and blame Thailand for their predicament.

They drink all day, sit around with other like minded people, slagging off Thailand and Thai people, farangs that come on holiday with money in their pockets to spend, farangs that send money to girls, ( secretly wishing someone would send them some money ), free spending farangs that " <deleted> it up for the rest of us !"....

Taxi drivers, national park fees, heat, rain, noise, dogs, chickens, Thai women, Thai men, ............................etc etc

I am surprised that is is such a low number of suicides.

Suicide is a more common form of death than most people think, and many men come to Thailand after selling all that they can in their own countries, live the high life for a few years, start to run out of money, get all cynical and blame Thailand for their predicament.

They drink all day, sit around with other like minded people, slagging off Thailand and Thai people,  farangs that come on holiday with money in their pockets to spend, farangs that send money to girls, ( secretly wishing someone would send them some money ), free spending farangs that " <deleted> it up for the rest of us !"....

Taxi drivers, national park fees, heat, rain, noise, dogs, chickens, Thai women, Thai men, ............................etc etc

I am surprised that is is such a low number of suicides.

For such a population there is a <deleted> load of murders,suicides and "suicides"

For such a population there is a <deleted> load of murders,suicides and "suicides"

With the ammount of loser Farangs in Pattaya the numbers are very low.

I suppose Thais have got more taste/nous than to die in Pattaya. Last corpse I saw on GF's friend's apartment floor was, of course, that of a drug crazed German guy. Plenty of idiots popping themselves off with low grade/adulterated stuff. Bill came, took minute video, yawned, left. Girl had emptied ATM already.