Satellite Card Dvb-s Pci

Prasert

I'm looking for a satellite DVB-S PCI card, e.g. SkyStar or Hauppauge. Anyone ever stumbled across one of these in Pantip? If yes, would you know the price?

Plan is to receive satellite TV straight into a computer and multicast it over the network, allowing multiple people to watch. (By the way, this is totally legal with FTA channels, so any DVB-S card will do the job).

Guest Reimar

Neither Pantip or Fortune have them. Asked some friends but still waiting for an answer. If I get one. I'll let you know ASAP.

Cheers.

If you wish to do your multicast plan.. have you researched your output options.

I strongly recommend reading up on DVBSBridge and vista media center which will telecast out to any media center extender such as the hardware ones the xbox360 or a MCE PC.

this now can be linked to a dreambox as your reception hardware.. Super elegant setup.

Haven't seen them either :o

However, I think (am sure actually) that you can do exactly the same with dream boxes.

The DM500S is only about 3,900 Baht nowadays, and once you know the in and outs is a very versatile machine.

It can stream to other dream boxes, it can stream to PC's, you name it. Obviously multicasting should not be a problem with the proper software.

And it is a fair bit more stable then a PC!

Open source Linux OS, means that their are a gazillion applications made and being made...

mumudvb is the software you'd need on the Dreambox.

Needs a bit of tweaking, but when working it can stream up to 3 TV channels and 1 radio channel simultaneously (obviously if on the same transponder). Can't do more due to CPU/memory limitations...

Which I would say is pretty nifty for a 3,900 Baht box.

monty, mumudvb looks very interesting, but the instructions seem a bit confusing. Did you have to downgrade your dvb api to get this to work? would you mind posting your config file for the DM500s?

Thank you.

For those who go to Mae Sai, I picked up 2 DM500s (clones) for 5,000 Baht total at the market in Tachileik at the end of last year. Best price I have seen by far.

mumudvb is the software you'd need on the Dreambox.

Needs a bit of tweaking, but when working it can stream up to 3 TV channels and 1 radio channel simultaneously (obviously if on the same transponder). Can't do more due to CPU/memory limitations...

Which I would say is pretty nifty for a 3,900 Baht box.

Edited by Lordfoul