Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Gypsymoth am so pleased for you...getting a little worried about my sons application, he hasnt lived in the UK since last July but submitted a letter from his old boss saying that he would have no hesitation in employing him as soon as he arrived back in UK, just hope this will be enough.

Looks like i will have to change flights, anyone know how much it usually costs?

Fingers crossed for everyone :)

Congratulations gypsymoth, the last week must have been almost unbearable for you knowing the answer was sitting there waiting and nobody able to tell you what it was.

incidently, did your wife say if there were many people in the queue to pick up there passports? It might give us some idea as to whether the embassy are still busy with applications or whether they're 'busy with other things'.

updated with true blue added, welcome to the ever expanding list.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

Marcjaiyenyen 08/04 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

Congratulations gypsymoth, the last week must have been almost unbearable for you knowing the answer was sitting there waiting and nobody able to tell you what it was.

incidently, did your wife say if there were many people in the queue to pick up there passports? It might give us some idea as to whether the embassy are still busy with applications or whether they're 'busy with other things'.

Thank sumrit, no she didn't say. Funnily enough I didn't think to ask (outta my ******' head). I did think later though it was 9.00am here so 3.00pm there - the office opens for handing out passports at 3.00pm so they must have been front of the queue. I'd said to get there early as I'd heard there could be 50+ waiting.

Mr burb, I recommend the breathing thing, I'm just getting used to it. :)

Well it's 5.30pm I take it thats it for today We are now into a new world and it's slowing down

11 Weeks Tomorrow for me thats the longest so far.

Sorry to be the one to bring the bad News Then Again they might shock us and Issue 5 Tomorrow :)

I'm well faxed off.

Been trying to get a Fax (at their request) to the Embassy since Saturday. Tried again today, still a communication error. Sent an email to the Embassy asking somebody to check if it is servicable etc. Also sent a email to the VFS (these are the only people who have replied to any emails), to ask the Embassy to check the Fax. Nothing so far.

Has anybody had to fax the Embassy before and what number did you use?

Congrats and condolences to the guys above.

I'm well faxed off.

Been trying to get a Fax (at their request) to the Embassy since Saturday. Tried again today, still a communication error. Sent an email to the Embassy asking somebody to check if it is servicable etc. Also sent a email to the VFS (these are the only people who have replied to any emails), to ask the Embassy to check the Fax. Nothing so far.

Has anybody had to fax the Embassy before and what number did you use?

Congrats and condolences to the guys above.

I take it all back. Embassy has just replied to the email and they say the Fax is all OK.

Tick tock can you not fax the item to your wife & get her to fax it internally if the number worked for her? Or email the embassy & ask them if an email with a scan of the document would be good enough.? Got to be another way around it.

congratulations to you Gypsymoth and you lady. It must be a relief for you that the wait is over and you can be with your loved one. Good luck for the future and keep those fingers crossed for all us still waiting....... GOOD LUCK ALL...............

Well it's 5.30pm I take it thats it for today We are now into a new world and it's slowing down

Sorry to be the one to bring the bad News Then Again they might shock us and Issue 5 Tomorrow :)

Oh I do hope so.............I'm number four on the list :D :D :D

Seriously though, at least we know we're not alone, it would be even worse if we were waiting on our own and we didn't know the position everybody else was in.

Exactly ten weeks tomorrow for us.

Sorry to be the one to bring the bad News Then Again they might shock us and Issue 5 Tomorrow :D

5? Five? Five? What about poor little number 6? :)

On a seperate issue.

CONGRATULATIONS GYPSYMOTH :D

Sorry to be the one to bring the bad News Then Again they might shock us and Issue 5 Tomorrow :D

5? Five? Five? What about poor little number 6? :)

On a seperate issue.

CONGRATULATIONS GYPSYMOTH :D

The wait's obviously getting to you Merangue................you ARE number five :D :D

Little update necessary folks, phone call today 9.00 BST from Mrs saying "Yeeeeeeeeeees"

...her ticket now booked on same flight as me BKK - LHR 08/06/09.

Thanks for all your support over these weeks, and the very best of luck to all of you especially Kingdom1 and your Mrs - you need it most of all. :)

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

spot 15/5

:D:D:D:D

p.s. I put too many emoticons up there and it wouldn't let me post - says it all!

Congratulations to you guys :D

congrats to Gypsymoth and all the best to getting on with your life now, it seems like life is just at a standstill for everyone when waiting for the embassy.

Funny thing is, today after having my argument with the visa section assistant, i thought, screw the UK and decided to give the Canadian embassy a call to see how difficult it would be to take the Mrs there as I have a company there i can work for, Get this, no argument at the switchboard, just transferred me straight to the visa section, but no answer, so i left a message, about 2 hours later i thought i would call them again, straight through again and they answered, it was a visa officer who answered and gave me all the advice and answers i wanted. I got off the phone and 30 mins later another girl called me from the embassy asking me how they could help with regards to the message i left.

Its a shame our own goverment cannot act so civil with their own citizens, seems to me they think they are working for god and just toying with peoples lives.

I did call the visa section again but i gave the girl such a hard time trying to get her to let me talk to the ECM that she said she couldnt handle it and hung up, they should try living with the stress they put us through, I think I probabaly sealed our fate with our application though after the last email i sent to the ECM. It was not too pleasant, called them incompetent and irresponsible and threatened to take them to court, since this is 3 years now i have been battling with the UK border agency and home office,

The fight goes on, will let you know.

Little update necessary folks, phone call today 9.00 BST from Mrs saying "Yeeeeeeeeeees"

...her ticket now booked on same flight as me BKK - LHR 08/06/09.

Thanks for all your support over these weeks, and the very best of luck to all of you especially Kingdom1 and your Mrs - you need it most of all. :)

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

spot 15/5

:D:D:D:D

p.s. I put too many emoticons up there and it wouldn't let me post - says it all!

congratulations gypsymoth and good luck to all that are expecting an answer this week

5? Five? Five? What about poor little number 6? :D

The wait's obviously getting to you Merangue................you ARE number five :D:D

Sumrit grab hold of Merangue ....... make sure he doesn't get lost..... :)

We are poor little number 6... Can't wait to become number five though... then four... then three... (Enough, I think you get it now!)

Hi,

The wife and I are currently preparing to put in our Settlement visa application within the next month, I wondered if you would be so kind as to if there are any guides or info I can read on what paperwork I can prepare here in the UK. I have read Robs Guide which was great and wondered if there are any more informations available? I am trying to learn as much as I can to support my wifes application and make sure I have all of the necessary paperwork required, and more!

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help! :) I will like to join everyone here in the waiting game also!

Hi,

The wife and I are currently preparing to put in our Settlement visa application within the next month, I wondered if you would be so kind as to if there are any guides or info I can read on what paperwork I can prepare here in the UK. I have read Robs Guide which was great and wondered if there are any more informations available? I am trying to learn as much as I can to support my wifes application and make sure I have all of the necessary paperwork required, and more!

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help! :) I will like to join everyone here in the waiting game also!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Rob-s-Guide-...cat-t81148.html

Follow Rob's advice and you should be fine. The devil is in the detail - the more the better!

moved to current page

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/04

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/05

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

Hi,

Hi all the info you need you should find on this forum ok, and if you need to just ask a question even if it sounds silly its best to ask the forum is here to help

pete

Hi Guys, can you add me and my wife to teh list please. Our application went in today, 2nd June 2009. My wife was advised "...it would take up to 3 months but, maybe 1 month or maybe 2".....thai logic for ya eh!!

Hi Guys, can you add me and my wife to teh list please. Our application went in today, 2nd June 2009. My wife was advised "...it would take up to 3 months but, maybe 1 month or maybe 2".....thai logic for ya eh!!

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Done :)

Just checked....... no update for me today :)

How about Kennkate and Chewy? Any news?

No news from us but then we don't expect any till next week at best. Have been repeatedly changing my Fiances flight over the weeks. Her current fly date is the 17th June, big fingers crossed she gets the visa before then!

Can't believe that after basically having lived in each others pockets for a year and a half in Thailand, we are now forced to live apart for what seems like forever. We have both made a promise never to be apart for so long again.