Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not meaning to be nosey or anything just curious!

no joy from webfusiion today so his trying again tomorrow and i think george just accepted it as he didnt have a full years accounts.

personally i would have asked my accountant for a full year proformer estimate and resubmited it

On another matter, I have just noticed that the refusal letter we have is dated over a week before we got the message to collect the passport.

So, they waited a week to let us know! hmmmmmm.

That is odd as mine was 'same day service' 19th June sent on the online tracking and 19th June rejection. The only thing I can think is that your decision may have been a borderline one (bearing in mind more complex as self-employed etc.etc) and may have gone to review by the ECM, hence the delay....maybe?

Thank you Sumrit for the PM and Borodave for the good advice. I got up at 3am UK and got to talk to someone at the visa section in the embassy. Somewhat surprised at the delay of our application she said they will start looking at our file today and asked me to contact VFS on Wednesday or Thursday. Hope it's the answer we are looking for. Wednesday will be 15 weeks.

Ps don't know how to unlock me from anonymous user.

Chew, this is excellent news. Contact the VFS 'Wednesday or Thursday' - bet you call them Wednesday.....I would :) .

Because my earnings through self employment for the last couple of years have been relatively low(ish), due to me spending time in Thailand with my wife and then son: I got a letter from my accountant confirming how much I would have earned, and will earn in the future if my wife and son were with me in the UK on a permanent basis.

I hope this will be enough, along with the actual returns, bank statements and the various letters proving my earnings.

Maybe the recent self employed refusals could get to a an accountant quickly and get them to draw up a letter simplifying the details...?

Because my earnings through self employment for the last couple of years have been relatively low(ish), due to me spending time in Thailand with my wife and then son: I got a letter from my accountant confirming how much I would have earned, and will earn in the future if my wife and son were with me in the UK on a permanent basis.

I hope this will be enough, along with the actual returns, bank statements and the various letters proving my earnings.

Maybe the recent self employed refusals could get to a an accountant quickly and get them to draw up a letter simplifying the details...?

I am self employed and my earnings where very low, i got accepted. good luck spot sounds spot on to me :)

I also made a note that with spending a large amount of time on holidays my earning where down.

I eat rice and the girlfriend eats all the bugs around the house so who is to say what you have to earn to live. Sure their put good for Environment let her in on her visa

Edited by borodave

hey Fluid fusion,

you had any luck from your email yet? any news? Im in the same situation as you, and just getting ready to send everything by fax and email tomorrow. Can anybody put me on that list of hel_l? We applied 19 march and got the refusal letter on the 19th june. ( well the call came on the 19th june but the date on the letter was the 17th???)

I have very carefully presented my case in writing to Entry clearance Manager Gerry Grant, in the form of a professional letter, saving account statements a detailed expenditure sheet, proof of my credit, proof of my business expenses which covers the cost of my car and accommodation... and photos and detailed description of my accommodation. Put in my pension details, plans that I'm about to open a life insurance policy ( i know I dont have the certificate yet ) but put that in anyway. Also called my council to ask them to come and view my accommodation to proove that it does not go against the over crowding rules that are laid out. I told him in my letter that as soon as I have the letter from the council I will fax it to him and also send it to Bangkok vis recorded delivery. I'm in the UK just now.

all this info I plan to fax him first thing tomorrow, and then email it to Oa in Thailand which she will then print and send to him, then I will send it to him also so he has the copies direct from me. I got the bank to stamp and sign all the statements and have tried to cover all the points in the refusal letter.

I will let you all know of the progress. Here's hoping we can get a quick result !

Wish you good luck fluidfusion. Good luck to us all !!

Oh, the fax for them: does anyone know if its just the general fax number that is on the website for the British embassy bangkok, or would Gerry Grant have a different number. Just want to make sure he receives my documents...

Jay

Hi Jay

Sounds like you got all the bases covered there. I am going to get back on the phone in a few hours time. If all else fails I will go knock on the door when I get to BKK on Thursday.

Best of luck tomorrow!

Steve

Hi Jay

Sounds like you got all the bases covered there. I am going to get back on the phone in a few hours time. If all else fails I will go knock on the door when I get to BKK on Thursday.

Best of luck tomorrow!

Steve

Thanks Steve !

you too mate... probably meet you at the Embassy banging on doors !

I have a suggestion. Pingt has a topic going about his refusal. How about everybody posting their refusals on there and make that the refusal thread. That way everybody can compare what the others are doing and the results. Also those with advise/experience on what can be done could post there.

Pingt's topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/3-Months-Wai...sa-t276006.html

I have a suggestion. Pingt has a topic going about his refusal. How about everybody posting their refusals on there and make that the refusal thread. That way everybody can compare what the others are doing and the results. Also those with advise/experience on what can be done could post there.

Pingt's topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/3-Months-Wai...sa-t276006.html

That could a good idea, as long as they also post on here to say they've been refused. Then we can look on the other thread to give any advice we might have. If everybody decides to do that ubonjoe can you keep that 'clean' and stop/delete any timewasters etc the same as you've done for us on this one? Apart from the help we've given each other one of the best things about this thread is the fact that we don't have to wade though loads of 'cr*p' to get to the real posts.

Hi everyone,

We've been waiting since 9th April and can I just say thanks for all the contributions from everyone they have been most helpful and erradite:)

Thinking we had plenty of time the TW and I did the T.B. document in february and it runs out on 9th of July and of course time is running out.

Did I misconstrue these people for professionals? (they take professional's fees and live in nice digs). Because it appears from various posts that processing times can be a random event and they dont answer or even read e-mails with cases put to one side and apparently forgotton about.

Why do I feel the need to get on to them and kick them up the arse so to speak just to get anything done (shouldnt they just do their well paid jobs?)

OK sorry about my little moan:( :)

couple of questions for anyone out there please.

Do I need to send the fax during their office hours or is it 24hr and also do they ever insist on replying with a fax?

(sorry naive Q but I've never sent a fax before)

Secondly because of the huge wait my bank statements only go up to february09, assuming that it is my responsibility to make sure all the relevent upto date documents are in place; I heard 1 poster saying he got knocked back for out of date stuff. Do I assume they need all these documents and just automatically fax(or snail) them before they ask for them or do I wait while all said documents (and T.B.) just go out of date so they have a reason not to give the SV.

Any comments are muchos appreciated by us both :D:D

Regards,

Exotic Matter and the TW

P.S. good luck Pingit and everyone else in this bureaucratical nonsensical world of our making.

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks)

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 TBC - (12 weeks)

Bigsy94 07/04

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinschris 19/6

Moved the list and put us in the middle somewhere there...

Welcome aboard the mad house ExoticMatter and good luck, sit back and grab a :)

Now you know you are not alone in the long wait, so hope it makes you feel a little better as You can see when you should receive an answer

Best of luck

Well guys apart from some hicups at the end of Marchs (we all know the ECOs where very busy and made a few mistakes that hopefully can be overturned) things arnt to bad with a 94% success rate hopefully 98%

So think positive and look at the good things in life like erm ermmmmmmmm ermmmmmmmm well just think positive guys

Edited by borodave

Do I need to send the fax during their office hours or is it 24hr and also do they ever insist on replying with a fax?

(sorry naive Q but I've never sent a fax before)

As regards the fax i think better during office hours as their take it off on the night if i can remember from one post.

Both Email and fax seem to be a better idea as we all no about some mail that can go straight in the junk mail bin for no reason

Secondly because of the huge wait my bank statements only go up to february09, assuming that it is my responsibility to make sure all the relevent upto date documents are in place; I heard 1 poster saying he got knocked back for out of date stuff. Do I assume they need all these documents and just automatically fax(or snail) them before they ask for them or do I wait while all said documents (and T.B.) just go out of date so they have a reason not to give the SV.

Regards,

Exotic Matter and the TW

All your documents will be ok as it is a snapshot of 6 month before your application and not your latest ones. As long as there go back full 6 months as some members have found out the hard way

Edited by borodave

Thank you Sumrit for the PM and Borodave for the good advice. I got up at 3am UK and got to talk to someone at the visa section in the embassy. Somewhat surprised at the delay of our application she said they will start looking at our file today and asked me to contact VFS on Wednesday or Thursday. Hope it’s the answer we are looking for. Wednesday will be 15 weeks.

Ps don’t know how to unlock me from anonymous user.

Thats great news Chewy, the person I spoke to in the visa section said the same (check the VFS website over the next two/three days), but then as I said somebody phoned us ten minutes later. That could have been because I was actually in Thailand though. At least who should hear this week now. Ours was available for collection the next working day.

fluidfusion

Dont worry Steve i think when they look at it their will overturn it Good luck

ExoticMatter

Yours has not been 12 weeks till friday so will be wasting your time, but that is up to you. I would say that you should hear by Friday or the begining of next week Good luck

Well, got a sort of reply back from my email today:

We acknowledged of receipt the below e-mail and passed on to the relevant officer whom will reply in 20 working days.

Great!

Did the reply come from the visa section at the Embassy or from the VFS center fluidfusion?

Well, got a sort of reply back from my email today:

We acknowledged of receipt the below e-mail and passed on to the relevant officer whom will reply in 20 working days.

Great!

Did the reply come from the visa section at the Embassy or from the VFS center fluidfusion?

The Embassy!

I've just been on the blower to VFS but they couldn't help much other than to say that a fax would get a quicker reaction.

Anyone know the fax number???

Well guys it looks like today's the day of truth, i stayed up phoned VFS who didn't seem a tall positive when i asked them why has it taken 108 days, they told me your wife's application is still in the British embassy, when i asked do you think there's a problem because its taken so long they said maybe but not are decision and that was left there.

I then phoned the British embassy where the operator just tells me NO phone calls to visa section, i pleaded with her but it was a firm NO!

Then through desperation i phone a sort of friend in the embassy to ask if they could help me try to find out whats going on, i haven't had a reply. 30 mins after all this the Mrs phones me to tell me she has to go to Regent House at 1 o'clock this afternoon to pick up the documents and her passport, she said she asked them if she got a visa or not and was told we can't tell you over the phone.

yesterday i emailed and faxed the embassy begging and pleading with them to speed things up. To be honest i haven't a clue to what the outcome of this will be, after reading a lot of other posts it seems the applications what take the longest seem to fail.

I am totally Bricking it! To be honest i really don't know what to think anymore.

Chris.

I've got everything crossed for you mate!

My only concern, however small it may seem, is that normally you cannot collect passports until after 3.30pm from Regents house.

Not sure what, if anything, that may mean.

Best of luck, I really want to see more positive results in this forum from now on.