Uk Settlement

Yes It was me who went to his MP but we are still waiting. We did get a nod to say it was been looked at on the 29th June but still no visa. I have another appointment with my MP on Thursday morning when we will be using his fax machine.

they cover there arse's by saying 95% of normal settlement visa's have an answer within 12 weeks(3months). what normal means i do not know. what i do know it is a disgrace it takes that length of time to read and make a decision on people's life's.

listening to other peoples thoughts on here i think it would only wind them up and they would probably put you at the bottom of the pile.

on an other note i think we are very innocent minded if we think the embassy do not read this forum.i read one thread and it seemed to me the person replying was from the embassy or somebody working on there behalf .

:):D

Edited by CinnamonRoll

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone written to their MP or to some other government office to complain or see if anything can be done?

Hi everybody,

I hope you don't mind my adding an 'outsiders' view to this thread. I came across it because its near my own personal favourite about getting permanent residence in Thailand (thats another story - I applied in 2006 and am still waiting! Of course I have none of the heartache of separation that you all have because I'm still able to live here with my wife and family).

I basically think the way that you are all being treated is disgraceful.

While I am sure that most would agree that there has to be a quite thorough review of applications, there is absolutely no excuse for the 'wall of secrecy' that seems to be erected by these 'civil servants'. Only in a government agency could not accepting telephone calls from customers be regarded as 'service'.

I only hope that when the dust settles and you are all re-united with your wives in the UK, that you are able to carry on following up the way you have been treated, in the hope that something may actually be done about it.

Good luck to you all.

When Sumrit very kindly tried to work out when we might hear about visa on past visa dates and figures etc. he said if they were doing 8 a day we might hear on 13th July...if 6.5 on the 17th July and if Boo was right and if each Eco were given 32 at a time to get through and my sons was 'at the bottom of the pile' maybe around 21st July...so I am hoping something soon :)

Hi Kate, I was only looking at those figures yesterday. Everybody who sent me their numbers has heard by now except Chewy, yourself and one other who applied at the end of April and all heard within three days of the dates I suggested (my wifes was the worst at three days late :D ) so I've got everything crossed for you that you'll hear either this week or next. It seems to have gone quiet again recently, I just hope we're not in another three week slump like we had in May/June.

Good luck :D

Thank you :D

Nothing today :D

do you have to wait for the office to open to send a fax because it seems to be failing all the time???????

HI andy

well its failing if your trying it today as they seem to turn the thing off at weekends. I had the same trouble as you. Also you can send it outside of their office hours too.

At first I sent lots of faxes from UK meaning it was out of office hours for them, so... I re-sent all of it again to both those fax numbers you have during their office hours, thinking they might have missed it the first time. However they called us up to say" please stop sending the same fax... we have it already ..."

seems they get all the faxes even from the general fax number... and out of office hours( apart from weekends)

my fax was aroud 36 pages, and it meant they got it 4 times :) ooops ... i then sent a further 30 pages on a sunday, and like you it wouldn't go thru.

anyone heard any news from fluidfusion?? hey fluidfusion, did you stop trying to get it overturned?

Yep, still here! An update on our situation is that we got Married on Monday n Bangkok and are preparing new paperwork to submit a new VIsa application.

We are using an agent this time as I feel the issue I have with my self employment is really important to get right this time, plus, I am sick of the hassle.

We are using Key Visa Ageny in Pattaya who offer a no money up front, no Visa/no fee service.

It's quite a lot of money but I really don't care, will spend the first months of married life away from my new wife and I don't want any more problems along the way.

Decided not to send in the appeal forms as it seems like a waist of time. The apeall must be lodged in the UK, not the embassy, so they don't get to see it. it is handled by the Home office, same as if you where appealing a criminal conviction, and they don't mess around. When you add the average of 9 months waiting for a trial plus the cost of a good trial solicitor, it just not worth it.

I did contact the Embassy as Pingit did and await a proper reply from them. They did send me a message saying that they have received my stuff and to stop trying to contact them on the matter so will just wait the 20 days and see what happens.

Back to the UK on Wednesday so just making the most of time with my wife today.

Edited by fluidfusion

I did contact the Embassy as Pingit did and await a proper reply from them. They did send me a message saying that they have received my stuff and "to stop trying to contact them on the matter" so will just wait the 20 days and see what happens.

That remark from the embassy staff is outrageous what do they expect you to do?

Yep, still here! An update on our situation is that we got Married on Monday n Bangkok and are preparing new paperwork to submit a new VIsa application.

We are using an agent this time as I feel the issue I have with my self employment is really important to get right this time, plus, I am sick of the hassle.

We are using Key Visa Ageny in Pattaya who offer a no money up front, no Visa/no fee service.

It's quite a lot of money but I really don't care, will spend the first months of married life away from my new wife and I don't want any more problems along the way.

Decided not to send in the appeal forms as it seems like a waist of time. The apeall must be lodged in the UK, not the embassy, so they don't get to see it. it is handled by the Home office, same as if you where appealing a criminal conviction, and they don't mess around. When you add the average of 9 months waiting for a trial plus the cost of a good trial solicitor, it just not worth it.

I did contact the Embassy as Pingit did and await a proper reply from them. They did send me a message saying that they have received my stuff and to stop trying to contact them on the matter so will just wait the 20 days and see what happens.

Don't know if it'll help fluidfusion but when my mate applied for a visit visa for his (then) g/f last year one of the things he was refused on was his income and he was self employed, and his income was high but not obvious in the accounts. I helped him with another application the next day and the one thing I did with his finances, end of year accounts and bank statements, was to basically highlight and index everything with different coloured marker pens on the assumption that the ECO might not normally trawl through loads of paperwork looking for the information but if highlighted they would look..... and they had their visa four days later. After that, and with applying for a settlement visa this year in mind, he got his secretary to produce monthly 'pay slips' for him, and he added them to his (again highlighted) yearly accounts etc. for his (now) wifes visa which she recently received.

Self employed accounts seem to be a bit of a problem with recent applications for a few people and I wonder if it's because the ECO's are that busy that they're not looking and anything that's not 'crystal clear'. Highlighting and clarifying everything to make it 'idiot proof' might help.

One other thing, when we've applied before I've always put each section of the application in a different labeled folder thinking it would be easier for the ECO to find what he was looking for but then my wife told me that the staff at the VFS center took everything out of the folders and put it all together in an envelope. So this time I stapled together each section (eg. employment, finance, housing, relationship history etc.) and labeled each one just for ease of finding whatever the ECO might want to look for. I don't know if it helped, we certainly didn't get the visa any quicker, but when we got everything back it was still stapled as I'd done it.

Congrates on getting married!!!!

And good luck with the new application!!!

Making the most of the time with the wife means not posting on here..... now get back to bed!!! :)

:D got some news to share, got a sms this morning to say the visa application was ready to pick up :D

I used an Agent so I called her to tell her, she went to pick the apllication up after 3pm, recieved a phone call from her about 4pm congratulating us on getting the visa granted. and to think yesterday I had given up, just goes to show although you feel down there is still hope left & this Forum, busy now not much time to organise things for Thursday, Good Luck Chewy, Andyjoy, & Kate, dont give up it will happen. :):D

Yes It was me who went to his MP but we are still waiting. We did get a nod to say it was been looked at on the 29th June but still no visa. I have another appointment with my MP on Thursday morning when we will be using his fax machine.

Do you have to wait till it's been 3 months or can you go to your MP before. I think waiting any longer than a month is disgracefull.

I would give a lot of money to charity to have my say with mr Brown. But then he would just avoid the answer, just like any other politician or government official.

:)

Personally I would wait for at least 3 months before bending the ear of an MP.

I am at 4 months soon.

Little bored tonight so added the days granted.

Mon = 7

Tue = 6

Wed = 7

Thur = 5

Fri = 13

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Marky1600 05/05

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

dean999 12/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinsschris 19/6

Thongkorn 23/6

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/7

Edited by feasantplukka

:D got some news to share, got a sms this morning to say the visa application was ready to pick up :D

I used an Agent so I called her to tell her, she went to pick the apllication up after 3pm, recieved a phone call from her about 4pm congratulating us on getting the visa granted. and to think yesterday I had given up, just goes to show although you feel down there is still hope left & this Forum, busy now not much time to organise things for Thursday, Good Luck Chewy, Andyjoy, & Kate, dont give up it will happen. :):D

In the words of the song..."What a difference a day makes" :D

Great news fp, congrats to both of you. You must both be so relieved with that deadline looming. Best of luck with packing and journey, and let's hope this foul weather improves a bit for you both!

:D:D

Congrats Mr and Mrs feasantplukka...... talk about a close call, guess you'll be very busy now getting ready to fly home. :D

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Marky1600 05/05

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

dean999 12/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinsschris 19/6

Thongkorn 23/6

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/7

Mon = 7

Tue = 6

Wed = 7

Thur = 5

Fri = 13

Latest news on the VFS website

13 July 2009: Visa Fraud. If you provide false information, documents or passports in support of your visa application, you will be refused a visa and all future applications will be refused for up to 10 years. You may be prosecuted and could face a fine or even go to prison. You should make sure the information given on your visa application form is correct; the documents you provide to support your application are not forged; your passport has not been altered and does not contain false stamps or visas. You should check the information you provide is correct and legitimate. You can report migration or visa fraud, including people who produce or provide false documents; people smuggling or corruption in the visa process to the nearest British mission - please see the 'contact us' section on this website. The information you provide will be kept confidential.

fesantplucka can you tell me.... did you check the vfs website after your wife called you to see if had changed already or is there any delay??????????? its just my wife didnt have her money with her when she went in the room to hand her application in so we did not pay for the call/sms?????????

Really really good news for you both and of course give the positive feeling to us..thanks thanks thanks, congrats guys....now it's party time for you both

fesantplucka can you tell me.... did you check the vfs website after your wife called you to see if had changed already or is there any delay??????????? its just my wife didnt have her money with her when she went in the room to hand her application in so we did not pay for the call/sms?????????

Yeah would be good to know that, as my sons wife didn't pay for the sms either...perhaps other people who have received good news could maybe let us know how it works as well :)

SUPERB news!!!!!!!, bet you have a smile ear to ear. well done, go and relax now, the hard part is over, yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

and big support for Andyjoy, Chewy & Kate, here's to getting some news this week :D

do you have to wait for the office to open to send a fax because it seems to be failing all the time???????

HI andy

well its failing if your trying it today as they seem to turn the thing off at weekends. I had the same trouble as you. Also you can send it outside of their office hours too.

At first I sent lots of faxes from UK meaning it was out of office hours for them, so... I re-sent all of it again to both those fax numbers you have during their office hours, thinking they might have missed it the first time. However they called us up to say" please stop sending the same fax... we have it already ..."

seems they get all the faxes even from the general fax number... and out of office hours( apart from weekends)

my fax was aroud 36 pages, and it meant they got it 4 times :) ooops ... i then sent a further 30 pages on a sunday, and like you it wouldn't go thru.

anyone heard any news from fluidfusion?? hey fluidfusion, did you stop trying to get it overturned?

me and my mrs done sv ourselves,but just before we rtd to the uk,we went to that place and had some translations done

ie birth cert,marrage cert and they made some serious mistakes on BOTH of the certs and we paid 600bt for each to be done,

sorry fluid to talk on a downer,but just make sure they do no what there doing mate.

congrats on the marrage

Congratulations FP. Best of luck for the future for you and Mrs FP. I don't need to say they took their bloody time, but I will!! :D

Edited by lee888

Andyjoy, my wife got sms first, i checked the vfs update online and it was still old statement, it took a day for it to be changed to "your application is ready for collection at same office you applied for visa". dont know if its the same for everyone else.

good luck

FP, who did you share the good news with first? us on thai visa or your family, hee hee. Have a great future

Yeah would be good to know that, as my sons wife didn't pay for the sms either...perhaps other people who have received good news could maybe let us know how it works as well :)

quote i sent in last week i think about visa

"they sent my wife sms first just stated that her passport could be collected at same office she applied (did not say she got visa on sms) then 2 days later on vfs email (tracking), it said your application is ready to be collected at same office you applied (again did not state that she got visa) she only found out she got visa as she walked up the stairs at vfs office, vfs officer was calling her to tell her that she could collect visa and passport!!