Uk Settlement

Update - spoke to the Mrs today. The Embassy rejected our Settelement Visa application. Absolutely SHOCKED. I've just had the forms faxed through and the reason for the rejection was that evidence could not be provided to assure that there would be no re-course to public funds.

I'm not a rich man but I can't get my head round this and I think they have made a mistake. I'd be interested in your views on this. I'm in full time employment and have been all my life. I earn approximately £111,000 per annum (all evidence supplied, been with the company since Feb 2008) and the bank account is in credit to the tune of about £15k. I don't have any debts. So I can't understand what is going on here.

My only way of rationalising this is that in early June the Mrs. was asked to fax through my bank statements (included in original application), passport again and also for the Mrs to send through a pregnancy certificate. I tried to send the fax on Saturday/Sunday but could not get a transmission. I sent an email to the Embassy on Monday informing them of this and got an email back saying Fax now working.

I subsequently sent 18 pages via Fax and got a successful message 'OK' documents sent. I even sent an email to the Embassy saying just faxed now. Did not get a reply.

I can only assume that the faxes have not been associated to my application and as evidence has 'not been supplied' I've got resultant rejection. Forum members - help me out here, I can't think of anything else? Devastated.

Sorry to hear about that Tick Tock, I think the same as you, they did not see your bank statements, you or your wife needs to get in touch with them and find this out because it does not make sense when you have 15k in the bank and have a good paid job, this has now got me worried because I only showed 7k in the bank :) plus I am bringing my son who holds a British passport but they might think I don't have enough to support both but then I am allowed to claim Child Benefit & Child Tax credit for him (about £200 a month) but we must make a joint claim this does not effect here visa as this is not classed as public funds as it's not for her

Hope you sort it out Tick Tock

Best of luck JT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update - spoke to the Mrs today. The Embassy rejected our Settelement Visa application. Absolutely SHOCKED. I've just had the forms faxed through and the reason for the rejection was that evidence could not be provided to assure that there would be no re-course to public funds.

I'm not a rich man but I can't get my head round this and I think they have made a mistake. I'd be interested in your views on this. I'm in full time employment and have been all my life. I earn approximately £111,000 per annum (all evidence supplied, been with the company since Feb 2008) and the bank account is in credit to the tune of about £15k. I don't have any debts. So I can't understand what is going on here.

My only way of rationalising this is that in early June the Mrs. was asked to fax through my bank statements (included in original application), passport again and also for the Mrs to send through a pregnancy certificate. I tried to send the fax on Saturday/Sunday but could not get a transmission. I sent an email to the Embassy on Monday informing them of this and got an email back saying Fax now working.

I subsequently sent 18 pages via Fax and got a successful message 'OK' documents sent. I even sent an email to the Embassy saying just faxed now. Did not get a reply.

I can only assume that the faxes have not been associated to my application and as evidence has 'not been supplied' I've got resultant rejection. Forum members - help me out here, I can't think of anything else? Devastated.

I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR MESSAGE TICKTOCK FOR YOU AND YOUR MRS,

firstly i would be ringing and asking to speak with the Eco and finding out if they did or did not receive your Fax's, and then pointing out you have more than enough funds to support your wife (£15,000 in the bank). secondly why after so many weeks them ringing to ask you to fax through bank statements

, when they where in with the original application form and the other documents too.

Remember you are the customer and are wanting to know exactly the real reason for refusal, to me with what they say it is a very poor excuse. but that is only my opinion. :)

That is sad news to hear, but I guess you need to try and contact the Embassy to try and get them to review the decision, saying that you did try to fax through the necessary documents. It looks as though they have rejected it because the documents haven't been recieved. It might be an idea to get the documents couriered to the Embassy.

Hopefully they will review the decision.

if u got rejected on that amount then i think 90% would get rejected mate. there has to be a mistake somwhere and i think it is there never received your pay slips. Time to get some answers and do some firm talkin to the embassy

Good luck mate and keep your chin up as it will be overturned when their receive the paper work

PS hope there put your wage slips in my pile of papers

Sound like they didn’t get the documents you faxed. This is just stupid now if you proved you are on £111k a year and have a good balance in your account. I just don’t get it. I see the pattern of asking for more documents usually on week ten then week 13 a decision is made. I think you should start another tread and see what can be done.

I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach now about our application. I am sure you will get it sorted.

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo ILE 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3 Failed 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) :)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Tick Tock I know you said that you provided the Bank statements in your application but did you gave them a copy of your passport and your wifes pregnancy certificate with the application ? as this does not make sense why would they ring and ask to fax something over which they already have ? I take it your wife has now got your evidence back, she needs to check that your bank statements are there

tick tock mate im sorry to hear about this very very wrong decision that has arisen.

this has got to be a massive mistake on there part mate.

pull out all the stops mate get on to ecm and get this decision overterned asap.

my advice to you at this time dont go for an appeal straight away as the eco might well not look back into the case straight away.

gather everthing that they require,send it to your mrs in bkk via fax then maybe she can present this info to them personaly?

i do understand that nobody can go inside embassy but this is there fuc_k up and on cases like this you should be.

youll need to phone asap as soon as the ###### are open ,please dont loose your cool if you do get through to an ecm or eco

just present the facts to them,and explain to them that the eco has made amistake and you want them to look into it asap

just try everthing you can before going the long drawn out process of appeal.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P:P

OMG this is really devastating news, 1st we have a massive high but now an even bigger low, something very wrong here more incompitance from the Embassy, I for one feel for you Tick Tock, I am sure you can turn this round, but again it takes time, it certanley has me worried although I thought I had a water tight application, I have always thought it rather strange we have had no interviews or refusals could this be the start of a growing trend? I hope not :)

Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I'll be on the case tomorrow to the Embassy - I've already sent an email. I don't know what has been returned in the pack and neither does the Mrs, as the application was posted back to her friends address in Bangkok.

I don't think anybody else needs to worry. I really do think that this is an admin error. Hope there is some movement tomorrow for those waiting and the movement is in the right direction if you see what I mean.

My Mrs and I applied for a settlement visa June 8th 2009, and we'll let you know when we hear anything.

The visa place noticed a small error in the application before we submitted it and said to change it (i.e. retype the whole thing) before we submitted. Glad that they didn't just take the money...

tick tock just get on to the eco first thing tomorrow & keep on until they over turn it. Just sounds like the paperwork hasn't been received & they have refused based on that but as you have the OK from the fax & also presumably a copy of the email in your sent box that you sent telling them it had gone through then it is highly likely they will overturn the refusal.

Good luck

My Mrs and I applied for a settlement visa June 8th 2009, and we'll let you know when we hear anything.

The visa place noticed a small error in the application before we submitted it and said to change it (i.e. retype the whole thing) before we submitted. Glad that they didn't just take the money...

Welcome to the list Globaleyes and good luck. Now Ajsp9 has some company.

Globaleyes added

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3

Fluidfusion 27/3

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I'll be on the case tomorrow to the Embassy - I've already sent an email. I don't know what has been returned in the pack and neither does the Mrs, as the application was posted back to her friends address in Bangkok.

I don't think anybody else needs to worry. I really do think that this is an admin error. Hope there is some movement tomorrow for those waiting and the movement is in the right direction if you see what I mean.

Gotta say, this has made me very nervous.

At the time of putting my application together my finances where in a bad way, one of the reasons I left Thailand and planned to live with the misses here in the UK where I have plently of work and my own house to live in.

I Provided details on how my income and budget that would easily cover our joint living expenses and even included a job offer I have had for a 50k per year position.

Problem is, the only bank statements I could show them showed that I was up to my overdraft limit for 3 months!!!

I'm sure I'm not alone in having previously had a comforting feeling that if they were going to refuse the application, they would have done it by now.

Not so sure now... I really am not going to sleep until I know what's going to happen now!

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Problem is, the only bank statements I could show them showed that I was up to my overdraft limit for 3 months!!!

I'm sure I'm not alone in having previously had a comforting feeling that if they were going to refuse the application, they would have done it by now.

Not so sure now... I really am not going to sleep until I know what's going to happen now!

The bank statements I submitted showed I am regularly on my overdraft limit........ I wouldn't worry about it.

The bank statements I submitted showed I am regularly on my overdraft limit........ I wouldn't worry about it.

so why then if you are in or around your overdraft and tick tock has £15, ooo in his bank account, do you get visa and tick tock does not , just a question and please don't take the wrong way

so why then if you are in or around your overdraft and tick tock has £15, ooo in his bank account, do you get visa and tick tock does not , just a question and please don't take the wrong way

Fellas, I know where you are coming from but this is all <deleted> and I would'nt worry about it.

The fax I sent off said bank statements of £19k, £26k, £20k.

I could be deluding myself here but I think it is a case of them not marrying up my faxes with the application, rather than any amount. You don't have to be a bloody millionaire to get your Mrs to the UK.

Don'y worry, some good news this week. My stuff is an aberration.

This has got to be a mistake TickTock. I'm sure when I checked the minimum income needed last year it was £91 per week and you could supplement your income with savings if you didn't have enough income. I know someone who's wife got her visa last year and he only had his pension of £110 per week and no savings at all, in fact even all his credit cards were maxed out traveling backwards and forwards to Thailand. I'm sure the problem has got to be over the fax you sent. Boo said that, by being insistent, her friend was able to get though to the actual ECO so, if you can stay calm, try that on Monday morning.

I checked the minimum income needed last year because, for five years now, I've been on a medical pension from my company of just under £12,500 a year, which is 50% of my full basic salary. We're going back to the UK because I'm now fit for work, but I have to have a medical first (it should have been this month but I've had to delay it) before actually starting back, so the the only income I could show was my pay slips showing £12,500 (plus my savings which are similar to yours), not my full salary. I gave them a full explanation in the sponsors letter and, up to now, they haven't contacted me or my wife but we're taking my stepdaughter with us as well so I'm starting to get worried now.

This has got to be a mistake TickTock. I'm sure when I checked the minimum income needed last year it was £91 per week and you could supplement your income with savings if you didn't have enough income. I know someone who's wife got her visa last year and he only had his pension of £110 per week and no savings at all, in fact even all his credit cards were maxed out traveling backwards and forwards to Thailand. I'm sure the problem has got to be over the fax you sent. Boo said that, by being insistent, her friend was able to get though to the actual ECO so, if you can stay calm, try that on Monday morning.

I checked the minimum income needed last year because, for five years now, I've been on a medical pension from my company of just under £12,500 a year, which is 50% of my full basic salary. We're going back to the UK because I'm now fit for work, but I have to have a medical first (it should have been this month but I've had to delay it) before actually starting back, so the the only income I could show was my pay slips showing £12,500 (plus my savings which are similar to yours), not my full salary. I gave them a full explanation in the sponsors letter and, up to now, they haven't contacted me or my wife but we're taking my stepdaughter with us as well so I'm starting to get worried now.

tick tock is right , can i just say the legal requirement if you was going to claim from the government i.e job seekers allowance is £65 , so divide this by £15000 and it is about 4.3 years and I'm sure your wife would find a job in the mean time, so it can only be a case of not marrying up the right documents.

GOOD LUCK tomorrow ticktock will be thinking of you tomorrow and i hope you get the result you and your wife deserve. :) peace and light to you and your wife :D

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3

Fluidfusion 27/3

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Edited by JASON THAI

Oh no!! I cant believe to hear thing like that. I think you need to go through to the ECO, ASAP, and talk to them about the mistake they've made. If you earn the money like that and they still said "evidence could not be provided to assure that there would be no re-course to public funds" what a ridiculous reason??

Fellas, I know where you are coming from but this is all <deleted> and I would'nt worry about it.

The fax I sent off said bank statements of £19k, £26k, £20k.

I could be deluding myself here but I think it is a case of them not marrying up my faxes with the application, rather than any amount. You don't have to be a bloody millionaire to get your Mrs to the UK.

Don'y worry, some good news this week. My stuff is an aberration.

The basic requirements for a Settlement Visa to be granted are that there is proof of existing long term relationship, you have proof of somehere to live together, and proof you can support yourselves. Basically it is a paperwork exercise, collecting up all the evidence.

I admit mine wasn't a perfect application, some stuff was missing - the wifes birth certificate, no savings books. But it included proof I earn enough to support the wife, and proof I was already supporting the wife.

Ticktocks was missing bank statements - he has faxed them to the Embassy but looks like they haven't associated the faxes with his application. As long as Ticktock can get in touch with the ECM or ECO involved with his application there is a good chance the application will be reconsidered. The worst case scenario is that TickTock will need to re-apply, but providing he submits everything with the 2nd application then they should grant it.

And just to give everybody a little bit of encouragement - 90% of visa applications in Bangkok are successful.

I realy feel for you Tick Tock We went to Lamphun this morning

I went to see The Lady of Lamphun for you. She will sort it.

She always does if its not Money you can ask She worked for me, Wife is a Great Beliver in the Lady.

Once she went when i was in the Uk and asked her to get me to Telephone. My wife said 5 mins later I did Phone her

Have Faith dont let go Tick Tock. The whole team is willing you on

Looks like we've broken the VFS application status page again..........it's been down since about 2pm so thats probably it for today, and today completes 12 weeks for us, we start week 13 tomorrow. :):D

edited because I counted the weeks wrong :D

Edited by sumrit

Tracking page is busted again! Guess I'll have to do some work instead of checking it all morning!
Looks like we've broken the VFS application status page again..........it's been down since about 2pm so thats probably it for today, and today completes 12 weeks for us, we start week 13 tomorrow. :):D

I wonder who overloaded it!!!!! Think we have the 2 prime suspects here!!!!