Where Can I Buy Stingray Skins

Shrubbery

I got your point patklang as the sake of animal welfare, well-being and intrinsic value ; however, it is kind of "never ending story" argument. Many people who against killing animals but wearing a pair of leather shoes. Many people against animal experiment but love eating steak.

In my opinion, I think we should concentrate on a question (from the poster) and generate the answer. Do not get me wrong. I do not like people who either hurt or kill animals.

patklang Posted Today, 2009-03-20 02:21:51

We should be banning the murdering of these beautiful creatures not bloody buying them.

Its a disgusting trade and i cant believe you are even thinking of purchasing one of these.

Are you a veggie or do you prefer your meat nicely wrapped in cellophane so you can forget about the animal that was slaughtered for you/others as it looks nothing like the beautiful creature it was.

Maybe the stingrays are reared on a farm - then a bolt is projected through their head at warp speed - i can see holes in the skin on the photo the OP supplied.

You have no idea how these stingrays are reared/killed and made into something.

Or are you imagining little Somchai butchering a load of silly, slow, stupid stingrays at the bottom of the local klong and then he turns them into purses to sell at Pratunam...

Edited by sanook2me

ive seen stingray skins in pratunam market the airconditioned part...
I think you can find Nung Pla Gra Ben (หนังปลากระเบน) at JJ market, MBK and also Pratoonum. However, you may need to be careful as you might get a fake one

Thanks for your help. I'll give those places a shot.

Friend of mine used to buy them at the Korean plaza, off Time Square, Sukhumvit soi 14.

2nd or 3rd floor, not quite sure.

Ploenchit Tower has a shop as well but they do not sale in whole but make to order following your design.

We should be banning the murdering of these beautiful creatures not bloody buying them.

Its a disgusting trade and i cant believe you are even thinking of purchasing one of these.

I wasn't asking for an opinion.

And for the record I am intending to buy 2 or 3.

When i inquired about the price they start of very high at over 3,000 baht each but i,m sure they would be cheaper than that....

someone from thailand used to sell them on ebay - not sure if they are still on there.

when i see them on a counter,I feel like killing the people who ply this trade,and seeing someone with a purse makes me want to inflict plenty of pain on that person.

Right. So you abhorr the killing of Stingrays but feel its no problem to visit death or serious harm on those who do this?

Errrrrrrrrrrrr. Get some professional help.

The medical kind.