Choosing A Hospital For Wife To Give Birth

TonySoprano

• 5 months later...
We had our daughter in Bumrungrad and I have to say they were awesome ok they are a little on the expensive side but the hospital itself is just great and we were treated very well also after care is good not a bad word to say about our experience.

I am in Phuket. When we discovered my wife was pregnant with the pharmacy test, we went to the Gov. hospital (Vachira) to make the blood test just to be 100% sure. After a very very long wait, the doctor spoke to her, gave me a bad look and asked why we didn't go to a private clinic to do that (you stay with farang = you are rich), and when she knew she didn't make an HIV test before getting pregnant she got angry (you stay with farang = you are a prostitute). My wife took my outside of the room before i exploded.

After that, of course, we went to the private clinic. That's our experience with Gov. hospitals even though i think we were just not lucky.

Would you please give more details on what hospital you have chosen, what the final bill was, may be the name of the doctor... I'm really curious 'cause not so many info about Phuket hospitals here. Thank you!