!st Class Insurance - Question?

Trollster

I have first class insurance for my car and pay for 12 months. I usually spend 6 months in LOS and 6 months in Canada. In the past, when my car was stored I continued the insurance policy for the full 12 months. I have asked the broker if I can put my insurance coverage to "storage status" since the car will not be on the road. I have done this in North America many times but seems to be unavailable here. Can anyone who works in auto insurance confirm if I can amend my policy for fire and theft since it will be stored. Typically. a large percentage of the premium is returned to me.

Thanks in advance.

No idea about the adjustment of your policy Trollster but just wondering where it's stored. If it's locked up in a private garage then it certainly makes sense to try and amend your cover whilst not here, but if in a condo car park etc maybe a bit risky. Would be quite easy for someone to accidentally damage your car and you'd be stuck without cover.

Why not just insure it for 6 months each time you're here?

Because a car insurance contract is standard for 1 year in LOS.You can not suspend it or partly suspend it but you can cancel it at anytime and get a certain percentage of the premium back in cash.