Jovanred

Cha Am is still a rather slow place as far as night life goes and does not have a major super market. But it is growing quite nicely with 4 star resorts and has a really nice outdoor market for fresh foods, fish, vegies, fruit, etc.

It has IMHO a much nicer beach than HH if you get a bit south of the main beach. It does not disappear at high tide and is a very clean beach. You see quite a few farangs on the beach most every day. From the resorts I assume. The traffic is not bad at all and the town has good potential. The town when you drive through it is not very inspiring but once you get to know the area it is very nice. Prices are typically lower than Hua Hin.

Your best bet is to spend some time there and explore the area.

Be more specific. Your question is too general.

investment as in lands, houses, villages or something else about real estate

cheers

j

The area is filled with housing estates without houses that were going to be big and make a lot of money for their owners. Foreigners can't buy them legally and Thais don't particularly want them. Condos are a pretty safe bet as a place to live, but I'd hardly think of them as an investment. I know you are scared by what is happening in your home country in the world of investments; but don't blindly jump into the nebulous morasse of Thai "investment".

I bought a condo in Cha-am last year. I had been a frequent visitor to Hua Hin over the years, however the high property prices in HH & traffic jams led me to look elsewhere. I had a look at Kao Tao just south of HH, but decided on Cha-am for similar reasons mentioned in the post by Beentheredonethat. Cha-am is only a 20 min drive from HH so when we desire some nightlife we go there.

As an investment I'm happy with the occupancy levels I've achieved so far on my condo, but I would not expect much capital gain for quite a few years.

A potential postive for the area is the proposal by TCC Land to build hotels, condos, housing estates, and golf courses there over the next 10 years.

Edited by mark5335

i am just caming back from there and it is as you write.

yes about investment my mean is long term investment, obviously.

i have had your same feeling about that area, it'd growing (value), but slowly in step with real domestic economic, not an explosive growing.

something else?

cheers

j.

Big plans for Cha-am

By: KARNJANA KARNJANATAWEPublished: 5/03/2009 at 12:00 AM

The Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT) and TCC Property Development of Thai Beverage tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi have agreed to launch a mega tourism project in Phetchaburi.

The 10-year project covering development of 13,335 rai (around 21 square kilometres) of land in Cha-Am district of Phetchaburi will require an investment of around 60 billion baht.

The first phase of the project calls for building of resorts, spas, hotels, a botanical garden and healthcare facilities on 1,366 rai, or around 10 per cent of the land earmarked for development, with an initial investment of 2.4 billion baht, and IEAT and TCC are expected to sign an agreement to that effect within this month.

The next phase will see the building of film studios along the lines of Hollywood, followed by convention and exhibition facilities.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/travelne...lans-for-cha-am