Cool Music To Beat Summer Heat

soundman

Cool music to beat summer heat

e1-Music-Map-1.jpg

The Pattaya International Music Festival gets underway this Friday, March 20 to help residents and visitors to beat the recession blues.

This is an unrivalled opportunity to enjoy a weekend of listening and dancing to beautiful music performed by more than 100 outstanding artists. Fun awaits everyone from Friday through to Sunday night.

After last year's postponement, the festival is back and promises to once more be an annual event. According to Pattaya's City Hall it was revived to lighten the town's mood and to give residents and tourists all the more reason to smile and enjoy the resort. It echoes the sentiments of William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night – "If music be the food of love play on"…

The event is also part of a wider nation-wide campaign "Amazing Thailand Amazing Value" managed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand to deliver events and value-for-money features to Thai and international travelers.

For music lovers it will certainly enhance their holiday and will also help to turn Pattaya into a musical paradise broadening its appeal. The event is supported by well-known music companies such as GMM Grammy and its partners Modernine TV, Channel [V] Thailand, Channel [V] International and the Korea Foundation for International Exchange.

There will be altogether 4 stages which are the Bali Hai Pier (Orange Stage), Central Pattaya (Green Stage), in front of Royal Garden plaza (Pink Stage), and in front of Soi 4 (Blue Stage), all four of which will cater to all kinds of music loving fans.

Pattaya's roads from the dolphin roundabout up to the Bali Hai Pier will be closed off everyday during the concert from 4.00 pm until late.

e1-Music-Map-2.jpg

Article.

Here's the schedule for the pink stage ( Royal Garden Plaza )

post-2109-1237613540_thumb.jpg

There is also a stage at the new Central festival shoping mall.

post-2109-1237613626_thumb.jpg

and a House and Trance DJ party zone between Royal and Central.

so at least 6 stages now :o

what i have heard so far is total drivel by bands who cannot sing

patklang

I thought Nuvo and Modern dog where fine.

However in my opinion the sound at the blue stage was too loud and distorted to be enjoyable.

We didn't get to the Green ( Soi 4 ) or Orange ( Bali Hai stage. )

Where did you listen to the drivel ??

what i have heard so far is total drivel by bands who cannot sing

went to the Blue & Orange Stages and the music was nearly all Asian songs sung nearly all out of key with poor qaulity sound,

very dissapointing!

Where was the international aspect to the festival when it was all asian wannabe singers/superstars? (that need to take singing lessons)

Well it is over.

It was too crowded.

The food and stuff stalls sold mostly very cheap stuff mostly for low budget Thais.

There were way too many stalls on beach road.

Because of the stalls and crowds, nearly impossible to walk between some stages to catch different shows.

It was free! The people watching was grand! The music itself, that I heard? Feh.

Can't have everything.