Apparently On A Harley Forum Somewhere.

Travelmate

Found this thought I share it with you boys. :o:D:D

Now, you see, it's all a matter of perspective. Whilst you saw it happen like that and got embarassed, it actually went like this (if you look around Harley forums, it'll be there somewhere...)

"I was out on my Hog cruising along US77.. I was in the left lane and I saw a Triumph Tiger in the right lane. Wow, we were doing 70mph!! I gunned it hard and eeked another 10mph out of her, yes 80mph!! The Tiger was doing the same but hardly looked warmed up, though my Harley was sweating some. Then the Tiger went up to an astronomical 90mph. That's right.. 9 0 m p h !!

I wondered if the Hog could go that fast so I squeezed the throttle hard open. The bike picked up slowly then the throttle stuck wide open at 92mph.. Helpless, I could only cling on for dear life as the stench of melting Evo and the clatter of bouncing valves took over from the potato noise it usually makes. Wondering if the forks would just fold under me if I braked or if the now-disintegrating belt would snap.. I was terrified. As I headed past the Tiger, I managed a little desperate wave before fouling my breeches. It was six miles before I finally ran out of gas and piston rings. I waddled into a 'little boys' room to clean up and call home for a lift.

God, I want a Triumph.."

Apparently.....

Edited by Travelmate

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this thought I share it with you boys. :o:D:D

Now, you see, it's all a matter of perspective. Whilst you saw it happen like that and got embarassed, it actually went like this (if you look around Harley forums, it'll be there somewhere...)

"I was out on my Hog cruising along US77.. I was in the left lane and I saw a Triumph Tiger in the right lane. Wow, we were doing 70mph!! I gunned it hard and eeked another 10mph out of her, yes 80mph!! The Tiger was doing the same but hardly looked warmed up, though my Harley was sweating some. Then the Tiger went up to an astronomical 90mph. That's right.. 9 0 m p h !!

I wondered if the Hog could go that fast so I squeezed the throttle hard open. The bike picked up slowly then the throttle stuck wide open at 92mph.. Helpless, I could only cling on for dear life as the stench of melting Evo and the clatter of bouncing valves took over from the potato noise it usually makes. Wondering if the forks would just fold under me if I braked or if the now-disintegrating belt would snap.. I was terrified. As I headed past the Tiger, I managed a little desperate wave before fouling my breeches. It was six miles before I finally ran out of gas and piston rings. I waddled into a 'little boys' room to clean up and call home for a lift.

God, I want a Triumph.."

Apparently.....

Id have a Triumph any day over a Harley

HH

All in fun, of course. I used to read road tests of big twin Harleys with top speeds in the 90's, long before twin-cams and V-Rods. My stock 1982 Yamaha Seca 400 would do 98. My brother in law says he beat a double-engined Harley on my old custom dragster Triumph 700. But that was about 1965, and my BIL exaggerated a lot

My friend used to take me home from junior high school on a Suzuki X-6. Bad ass bike.

The 500 triple could not be beaten on the 1/4 mile.

X-6 Hustler

Your citation states, "Power: 32 @ 8000

Torque: 23.4 @ 7000

Top Speed: 92

RPM @ 60: n/a

Standing 1/4: 15.3 @ 84

0-60: 6

Hardly 13.9

And the V-Rod is much faster

The Kawasaki Mach 3 was fast.

Met a guy at Hat Yai bike weekend who had just ordered a HD fat boy or road king, not sure which but it had cost him 1.5 million baht. I gave him a ride of my Triumph Rocket 3 and he was nearly crying when he came back. He said he wished he had met me before buying the HD as he could have " saved 300,000 baht and got a far better bike " His words by the way. You have to hand it to HD though they have probably the best customer base of all manufacturers. When you buy a HD you are buying into a lifestyle not just buying a bike. :o

Have you got the Rocket III Touring? Good looking bike now they've got rid of those silly twin headlights (IMO) and added some chrome here and there but unfortunately it still manages to look plasticcy (Hah! New word invented for the mo'cycling fraternity!) enough to be a Honda! If the Touring had some of the class of an Electra Glide I'd have one in a heartbeat!

Dunno about "buying into the H-D lifestyle" though....... I always think those types have only bought the bike to join a particular lifestyle as opposed to the other way round.

Everytime i log on here all ye riceburner owner's are discussing HD,mostly negtive but never the less alway's a topic,but i suppose there's only so much you can say about moulded fiberglass on wheel's with a 2 a penny motor that does everything except wipe your ass.Most of these riceburners have sensors everywhere so as to make them idiot prof,the on board computer is like an autopilot,all driver need's is two legs,two arm's,no colour blindless and the mentality if rossio can do it so can i.

My HD street bob is EFI ,TWIN CAM,1450cc,SIX SPEED,PHYTON PIPES,all mapped together by a dynojet power commander,the motor is bog stanard.A riceburner friend said he sat behind on his sport's he was at 210km and he was amazed because of my riding position and open face helmet and i quote"i could'nt do it"and with that i rest my case.It take's a different breed to ride a HD one that does not rely on ABS,mono shock,front anti dip,brake sensor driver over ride and last but not least HD rider's don't have to be told if side stand is up or down they alway's seem to know,we ride our bike's,not the otherway around

.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

It take's a different breed to ride a HD one that does not rely on ABS,mono shock,front anti dip,brake sensor driver over ride

most of the electronics and technology is required because on average, the "riceburners" are going at a far faster clip and are constantly chasing ways to shed weight. let's see an HD approach a corner doing close to 300km then slam down to 70 then take a corner THEN accelerate right back up to top speed without the newest technology. quite simply they are 2 COMPLETELY different styles of bike and riding. 1 is built for speed and performance while the other for cruising, sound and looks (although the jap bikes look better IMO)

love to see someone riding at 200km with an open face helmet :o

"LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES".....couldn't agree more!

quite simply they are 2 COMPLETELY different styles of bike and riding.

Exactly. 'Nuff said!

Once in a while a bike manufacturer gets it absolutely right........ that original yellow Triumph Daytona (circa '95?) was pure sex on wheels, the Duke Monster....... wow! Even H-D did it when they tarted up the old Electra Glide and the Road King was born, and now they've given us this...... the XR1200. Originally designed just for the Euro market, it's now a hot seller all over the world. Awesome performance and great looks.

post-66370-1237797592_thumb.jpg

Edited by AceCafe

quite simply they are 2 COMPLETELY different styles of bike and riding.

Exactly. 'Nuff said!

Once in a while a bike manufacturer gets it absolutely right........ that original yellow Triumph Daytona (circa '95?) was pure sex on wheels, the Duke Monster....... wow! Even H-D did it when they tarted up the old Electra Glide and the Road King was born, and now they've given us this...... the XR1200. Originally designed just for the Euro market, it's now a hot seller all over the world. Awesome performance and great looks.

nice looking bike...i prefer the nightrod....IMO it's harley's finest work to date

med_gallery_72939_1012_151919.jpg

Met a guy at Hat Yai bike weekend who had just ordered a HD fat boy or road king, not sure which but it had cost him 1.5 million baht. I gave him a ride of my Triumph Rocket 3 and he was nearly crying when he came back. He said he wished he had met me before buying the HD as he could have " saved 300,000 baht and got a far better bike " His words by the way. You have to hand it to HD though they have probably the best customer base of all manufacturers. When you buy a HD you are buying into a lifestyle not just buying a bike. :o

Anyone that's pay's 1.5mil for a harley or 1.2mil for a truimpet,need's their head read and are not fit to drive

Harleys with six speeds, twin cams, electronic ignitions, etc. Japanese electrics and suspensions, Australian wheels, etc. The American Eagle has flown around the world to make a modern bike. Who is it again that developed the new big Buell engine?

I don't think japan hold's copyright on six speed's,atkinson trucks fitted with a gardener 180 or260 engine were six speed and made in england in 1940's to 1960's,jag's were twin cam,the first electronic ignitionswas on truimph TR6 which was fuel injection,harley efi is made in LA by dynojet who just happen to make the power comander.Now let's cut the shit and i have first hand experance so here come's the truth.

Last year a friend riding a big suzy(1400cc i think) and i rode from phuket to nong kai,as i like to ride between 160 to180km this suited him until we stopped petrol,toilet,food whatever,naturally H.D. got all the attension from joe public photo's and all types of question's about my H.D.On the second day of riding i noticed that my traveling buddy was letting this get to him and finally he fliped when i was asked another question and i quote"MY BIKE IS SPECIAL TO THEY ONLY MADE A LIMITED NO.AND IS SAME AS HARLEY"and there we have it,joe public prefer's our H.D'S to your riceburner and that has ye pissed,well it's not going to change so grow up and get over it.Harley-davidson is more appeling to the mass's then something that look's like it came out of a lucky dip.the people have spoken.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVE'S

Harley had to be dragged into the modern era. Four speeds were common in the late 70's, early 80's. Harley was supplied by Jananese suppliers for electrics and suspension for many years and probably still are. The first HD twin cam was when? And who designed the new Buell twin?

It is amusing for HD riders to still call them rice burners.