Where To Get A "selfset" Type Mousetrap In Pattaya

grahamhc

I have some a mouse, or very small rat, coming in my home. I want to kill it, but do not know where to buy the traps, like the ones I used back in the UK. I bought a metal Rat Trap in Kho Kong, but it is too big for the job.

post-34728-1237627005.jpg

AMDT: Rat Trap picture deleted. This is the size of trap I want - Mouse sized

I have tried the poison in the past, but the mice died in the kitchen annexe and first I knew was a vile rotting smell behind the fridge. The Glue Pads are not a good idea, I would think.

This one has come in the house and ate my bread the other night !!!

Any suggestions, Please. If not, the only alternative I can think is to get one posted out to me.

AMDT: Rat Trap picture deleted and replace my Mouse trap picture

Edited by grahamhc

Years ago in the states my house had a mouse problem and I used the smaller version of the trap in your pic. The bait I used was peanut butter and it worked like a charm. Good luck as it is never any fun to hear the pitter-patter of little mice feet running around.

TheWalkingMan

The rat glue works fine, but it can be a bit messy.

Problem with killing the mice/rats, is if they've made a nest in your house somewhere, you kill the parent and the young die. So you will get the foul smell anyway. So check in rarely used cupboards, under washing machines and fridges to see if you can find a nest before the rotting stench leads you to it.

The only thing the glue pad in my garage caught was the neighbors cat. The cat carried the glue pad to the front gate and managed to get loose from it and left the pad sticking to the gate. The poor cat lost a lot of hair.

Gary, I bet the cat had a shock :o

That's a good point, if using the glue remember to put it somewhere children and other animals cannot reach. A mouse can squeeze through an unbelievably small space.

I would suggest to the OP to take a picture of the mousetrap he wants into any likely looking shop and they will either have one or tell him who has.

Be carefully with those glue pad things a Thai friend of ours caught a rat that way and as she was picking up the pad the rat twisted round and bit her. :o