Transfer Money Out Of Thailand

Friend of me (living in his home country with his Thai wife) bought some 7-8 years land near Cha am in his wife’s name. Some 2-3 years ago they found out they did not wanted the land and sold it.

I’m not sure the amount but around 1 Million THB. The amount stand in his wife’s account in Bangkok Bank, and she is going here this summer on a holiday to visit here family and at the same time want to transfer this money back to here account abroad.

He ask me if I can check if she need to prove that the money once was transferred here because as he say half of the amount at that time got transferred to an account in his home country (he bought together with a fellow citizen) the other half was withdrawn with a Credit Card from Bangkok Bank in Thailand when he was here on holiday.

Friend of me (living in his home country with his Thai wife) bought some 7-8 years land near Cha am in his wife’s name. Some 2-3 years ago they found out they did not wanted the land and sold it.

I’m not sure the amount but around 1 Million THB. The amount stand in his wife’s account in Bangkok Bank, and she is going here this summer on a holiday to visit here family and at the same time want to transfer this money back to here account abroad.

He ask me if I can check if she need to prove that the money once was transferred here because as he say half of the amount at that time got transferred to an account in his home country (he bought together with a fellow citizen) the other half was withdrawn with a Credit Card from Bangkok Bank in Thailand when he was here on holiday.

Sorry, I should have asked. Do anyone know if there are possible to transfer money out when the amount not are greater than about 1m THB, but again it can be difficult to prove that it come in?

:o

She can transfer the money out with as reason living expenses, as she can prove she lives outside of Thailand (passport).

She probably would be best to transfer to an account in the West in her own name.

I do think there are limits on the amount however, but not sure how much. She might need to do it in a few times spread over her stay here.

She can also get a debit card (visa electron) with which she can withdraw the money over seas, with Bkk Bank you pay a 100 Baht fee per transaction, so it depends on what the biggest withdrawal is she can do abroad to determine overall cost (more exoensive then TT of course).

P.S. as the land was in her name for several years, she can prove she legally owns the money, if the banks would ever ask for where the money came from.

The invoice of the transfer tax paid at Land and House department on the sale of the plot should do the trick proving that. I doubt they would go that far back as to ask how she got the land in the first place (which for all practical purposes was a gift from her husband)...