I'm Becoming One Of 'them'

neverdie

Yesterday whilst traversing a section of road I use often & upon being approximately 200 metres from and interestion I was planning to turn left into, I commenced to speed up, overtaking a series of vehicles on the left hand side.....all of which were also positioning themselves to turn left. When a short distance from the interestion, I slammed on both brakes, dust flying, discs glowing, tyres smoking & barely managed to control the bike before sliding in between a couple of cars and turning left into the intersection.

I then proceeded along the new road behind a few other hundred vehicles before commenting to the gf, "I just wanted to get in front of those cars.....so I could follow, these cars! " <deleted>? :o:D:D

Time to go see doctor.....some wiring must have come lose inside my head.

Oh no, Neverdie...Not you :o !!! But I am sure your case is still curable !! Hold on mate, don't give up...I even offer my help !

Cheers, cheers, cheers !!! :wai:

Thankyou who me.

Yes, no doubt I will be flamed by all of those who have never broken any rules in the traffic....what makes you think I learned to drive in a developed country Mr Shark?...ohh and im not exactly sure my bike bouncing off any of those cars and trucks would of made one iota of difference to them, lucky I am a motorcycling legend :D

(Rules :D Thailand :D:D ...sorry i digress).

I have decided to get airconditioning fitted to the bike, might help me keep my cool.

I often watch people around me go balastic & wonder why? Its normally the young guys on their Autos or the rich kids in their turbos....but the other day I saw two grannies on a honda wave going nuts.....where will it end?

Yesterday whilst traversing a section of road I use often & upon being approximately 200 metres from and interestion I was planning to turn left into, I commenced to speed up, overtaking a series of vehicles on the left hand side.....all of which were also positioning themselves to turn left. When a short distance from the interestion, I slammed on both brakes, dust flying, discs glowing, tyres smoking & barely managed to control the bike before sliding in between a couple of cars and turning left into the intersection.

I then proceeded along the new road behind a few other hundred vehicles before commenting to the gf, "I just wanted to get in front of those cars.....so I could follow, these cars! " <deleted>? :o:D:D

Time to go see doctor.....some wiring must have come lose inside my head.

sounds more like you were practising what you'd learned at a thai refresher driving course :D

When in Rome...

Driving in the Land of Smiles is a piece of cake.

It's going home that's hard- the coppers back in the States get all bent out of shape when I forget which side of the road to drive on and pull my Thai driving moves on 'em :D:D:o:D

So it was you !! :o (Never Die) another product of the australian school of Get The Fxxx outmy way drivers I ownthe Road, I see you or other Aussie superbike riders everyday! rapped round trees or lamposts on my way into Brisbane , you havent been in Thailand too long, just carried on with the way you normally drive in australia :D

Very smart :o I usually expect better from people who learned to drive in developed countries but alas.... Let's hope you don't cause an accident next time.

--------------------

Are you bringing any weapons?

Of course not.

You're not changing anything.

You must be kidding???

Nice quote though... Yo' ADRIAN!!! :D

Edited by johnefallis

You're just looking for something to bump up the post rate on thaivisa.com

What are you talking about mazd2? You've lost me, why should I give a <deleted> about what the post rate of thaivisa is? This is a weirdo comment, just like your other weirdo comments.....AT LEAST YOUR CONSISTENT :o

So it was you !! :o (Never Die) another product of the australian school of Get The Fxxx outmy way drivers I ownthe Road, I see you or other Aussie superbike riders everyday! rapped round trees or lamposts on my way into Brisbane , you havent been in Thailand too long, just carried on with the way you normally drive in australia :D

Nignoy, If you are referring to my youtube run across the 'oxley highway' a few years ago on my R1.....I want you to know I changed my ways after being released from jail :D .

And although you mention my Superbike rider status....I have acknowleged that I am slowing up in my old age, so this type of behaviour is completely out of character.....I'm gonna go hand myself in to the local BIB this morning :D

I did that on my first bike (not counting the first scooter). Fastest bike in the city, light rain falling, passed two cars very quickly, then turned to get to my house. The bike went one way, and I slipped down the road on my rear end, burning two layers of fatigue trousers. Ouch! That was in Texas. Still do it here sometimes, but don't tell anybody.

I find the trick is to take some of the road use changes, the 'merging' at junctions for example, as doing it in a neat western way confuses the hel_l out of everyone.. But not to fall into the worst of their habits (overtaking and turning left being a prime example)..

Neverdie.....By local standards your riding was fine except you were obviously too sober and noticed what could have happened. Just have a few more coldies first next time.

Edited by harrry

Neverdie.....By local standards your riding was fine except you were obviously too sober and noticed what could have happened. Just have a few more coldies first next time.

:D So true Harry, so true. Now I repeat to myself, "I am not a complete WACKO.....just 99% of the way there :o ".

Oh no, Neverdie...Not you :o !!! But I am sure your case is still curable !! Hold on mate, don't give up...I even offer my help !

Cheers, cheers, cheers !!! :P

Thankyou who me.

Yes, no doubt I will be flamed by all of those who have never broken any rules in the traffic....what makes you think I learned to drive in a developed country Mr Shark?...ohh and im not exactly sure my bike bouncing off any of those cars and trucks would of made one iota of difference to them, lucky I am a motorcycling legend :D

(Rules :D Thailand :D:D ...sorry i digress).

I have decided to get airconditioning fitted to the bike, might help me keep my cool.

I often watch people around me go balastic & wonder why? Its normally the young guys on their Autos or the rich kids in their turbos....but the other day I saw two grannies on a honda wave going nuts.....where will it end?

Do your thing Neverdie and dam_n the nay-sayers :wai:

Neverdie: Yesterday whilst traversing a section of road I use often & upon being approximately 200 metres from and interestion I was planning to turn left into, I commenced to speed up, overtaking a series of vehicles on the left hand side.....all of which were also positioning themselves to turn left. When a short distance from the interestion, I slammed on both brakes, dust flying, discs glowing, tyres smoking & barely managed to control the bike before sliding in between a couple of cars and turning left into the intersection.

Sounds like I'll fit right in when I get my moto!

Hehe! Nice story Neverdie. I commute up Rama 9 and back 16kms each way 4 x a week- you gotta do what you gotta do. The problem is, you admitted you done wrong. You've gotta get to the place where you start out with "Why was everyone so pissed - all I did was.........." :o