Dropping Out Of Retirement

Greenside

On a more serious note, yes, at these times I wager we could all do with some supplemental income, even if it’s just to pay for those little luxuries like beer and fags.

Some time ago I was considering opening a massage parlour or something similar in Chiang Mai.

Problem is that like many of us I can’t afford to risk that sort of money in a business that may or may not take off.

The best way would be to pool our resources and start a syndicate of partners that all chip in to create the business. OK, I know, fewer profits, as they would have to be split between several people, but of course the benefits would be minimal loses for individuals if the business goes pear shaped and there would be room for expansion if it were a success.

Thoughts on this please.

Edited by sassienie

I'm thinking of a posh, intimate massage place catering exclusively to young hi-so female patrons. I call it 'Thakkar's Chakachee Massage'

Spread the word, I need the business because so far my only client is my wife, and she ain't that young, and is a lousy tipper.

Some time ago I was considering opening a massage parlour or something similar in Chiang Mai.

Problem is that like many of us I can't afford to risk that sort of money in a business that may or may not take off.

There is a reflexolgy business in Pattaya called Earl's Original Reflexology that mostly does foot massage and all the workers are trained very well in an art that is something like $100 dollars per hour in the U.S. and feels wonderful.

"Earl" is a Thai man who trained in reflexology in the States and brought it back to Thailand. He pretty much started the foot massage craze in Thailand, but other places are not nearly as good.

Perhaps you might consider contacting him as a partner and to train your workers as this is something very unique in Thailand (the real art of reflexolgy).

There is too much competition for a regular massage parlor, but almost no places with real reflexolgy.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I'm thinking of a posh, intimate massage place catering exclusively to young hi-so female patrons. I call it 'Thakkar's Chakachee Massage'

Spread the word, I need the business because so far my only client is my wife, and she ain't that young, and is a lousy tipper.

I take it you get a pizza and a chuckle out of it?

I'm gonna go to the US to make some $$ over the summer. I think a nice way to break up my scrounger's-life here in Thld. And then coming back with a fresh mindset ready for my projects. Looking forward to it very much.

Bars are readily available now. Great business opportunity.

Set yourself up for a low outlay, let's say minimum Thb500,000, sit back, relax, be your own best customer, impress your friends and within 6 months try to sell it for whatever you can get.

Ya Blinky, you been there done that. One of the many proud aulmni owners of the Overlander (some of who didn't know they were onwers "together" as the place sold about 250 percent of its available shares).