China Talks About Idea For New Global Currency

I'm not sure how many of you have watched this. On BBC World news Business report. This morning it was put out that china would like to have a global currency so most things like oil are not pegged to the dollar or other things and that this currency is not able to be manipulated or influence by politicans. At least thats what my understanding was. Of course a global currency though so many issues come up with something like this that how would a global currency be even done when considered every country has its own interests regarding trade to. What people from what countrys would you get to even balance this. Just curious to know your thoughts on this issue. I know its not coming anytime soon but it got me thinking anyway

I'm not sure how many of you have watched this. On BBC World news Business report. This morning it was put out that china would like to have a global currency so most things like oil are not pegged to the dollar or other things and that this currency is not able to be manipulated or influence by politicans. At least thats what my understanding was. Of course a global currency though so many issues come up with something like this that how would a global currency be even done when considered every country has its own interests regarding trade to. What people from what countrys would you get to even balance this. Just curious to know your thoughts on this issue. I know its not coming anytime soon but it got me thinking anyway

I don't see why they need to create a new currency. If that's what they want (a reserve currency not manipulated nor influence by politicians), then wouldn't they just float the Renminbi and let it ascend to the throne of the world's reserve currency?

Edited by OriginalPoster

... how would a global currency be even done when considered every country has its own interests regarding trade to. What people from what countrys would you get to even balance this. ...

Ditto a European currency.

Hang on a mo', didn't they do that already? :o

using headlines and commenting them without taking the context into consideration = :D what one chinese central banker was thinking aloud is a global reserve currency which could be used to hold forex reserves thus not depending on a single reserve currency and its fluctuations. that currency would be similar to the Special Drawing Rights the IMF uses which has the advantage that fluctuations are rather limited. to reduce fluctuations (which still happen as far as SDRs are concerned because of the limited "base" currencies) the new reserve currency could be based on a much higher number of currencies.

therefore no country would have to give up its national currency and no individual national economic interest would be affected. as of now the chance for a formation is miniscule and negligible.

thanks for not listening :o

Their goal is to destroy the west and take everything over economically. However their philosophy is short sighted and doesn't take account slowing economic growth, demand for higher wages and the welfare and deprivation of many in their own country. As President Obama stated last night, the dollar is still recognized as the most stable currency, the US is the largest market and it's still a safe haven for investments. This won't happen anytime soon plus I don't know of many governments who would trust the Chinese to follow their hyped up paradigms.

As President Obama stated last night, the dollar is still recognized as the most stable currency...

President Obama would be well advised to derive his information neither from the "National Enquirer" nor from Hollywood movies. calling a currency stable which, during the last three decades, fluctuated several times 50-100% (and more!) vs. other major currencies is nothing but ridiculous! :o

one government world

A discussion of this always leads to a mod closing the thread. It would be interesting if one of these threads stayed open and people could enlighten the blind

:o:D .....Yeah blind drunk....so to escalate the conspiracey theroy we now have Communist Chinese in the illuminarti

Exactly Naam,

but the right-wing pointed-heads have inflated their misunderstanding into yer more raging paranoia.

And if you think that the governments of the world would go along with Naams wise words you've got your head buried in the sand.

Control, control and yet more control is the name of the game they're angling at.

God you rose-tinted fools are beyond the pale.

As President Obama stated last night, the dollar is still recognized as the most stable currency...

President Obama would be well advised to derive his information neither from the "National Enquirer" nor from Hollywood movies. calling a currency stable which, during the last three decades, fluctuated several times 50-100% (and more!) vs. other major currencies is nothing but ridiculous! :o

Depends on your point of reference. Maybe it's the other currencies that have been fluctuating.

one government world

A discussion of this always leads to a mod closing the thread. It would be interesting if one of these threads stayed open and people could enlighten the blind

:o:D .....Yeah blind drunk....so to escalate the conspiracey theroy we now have Communist Chinese in the illuminarti

I dont know about that but the new world goverment brought in by the elite will be a communist one!

Thats if the rockerfellas,roschilds blah blah get there way. which you will all be screaming out for by the way!

Before any of you sheeple argue back try watching any of these for proof im right!

zeitgeist

obama deception

end game

All on google video.

Open your minds people and stand up for your freedoms.

Just remember when it all happens there are people like me out here trying to spread the message and it was your fault for being so ignorant.

Edited by BygonKeaw

Depends on your point of reference. Maybe it's the other currencies that have been fluctuating.

can't make up my mind whether to laugh or to cry :D

can't make up my mind whether to laugh or to cry :D

Me neither but i have the same problem everytime i see where u live naam! (maybe u should change it then people might take you serious :D )

can't make up my mind whether to laugh or to cry :o

Me neither but i have the same problem everytime i see where u live naam! (maybe u should change it then people might take you serious :D )

whether my dog shits once or twice a day is of much more importance and interest to me than people taking me serious or not. and i don't understand your cryptic suggestion that i should change where i live.

do you think there's something wrong with my house? if yes, what should i change to be taken serious? perhaps colour of roof tiles? :D

post-35218-1238108068_thumb.jpg

Castle Naam, where the TV economical decisions bubble forth!

i strongly beg to differ as far as "TV decisions" are concerned. reason: i don't belong to the group of the resident TV prophets who's daily claims ad nauseam are "the Baht will... the thai economy will... GPB will xyz vs. USD or EUR... abc is overvalued... 123 will crash... Dollar will soar... Dollar is doomed... the British Empire will rise like a phoenix from the ash..."

it is however correct that decisions as far as my finances are concerned are taken -but not necessarily implemented- on a daily basis no matter whether it is a trading day or the markets are closed. any objections? :o

Well, to try and usher this thread back onto its track.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/leadi...on-1655289.html

I am convinced that we need some form of global currency to stabilise the world currency exchanges and my personal finances. I think that China, Russia, the middle east (who are also looking at creating a new currency) and a host of other countries would be very interested in it.

The G20 meeting will certainly provide a few clues about the next step in this direction.

(Oh, and nice looking house Naam, the roof tiles are OK. I personally would prefer a smaller building with more land in the countryside, but I am a convinced renter anyway)

Edited by 12DrinkMore

"12Chang... more land in the countryside"

something like 25-50 rai would have been my preference too :D unfortunately -or perhaps fortunately :D - Mrs. Naam is not Thai which would have enabled us to own such acreage without legal hassles and secondly i wouldn't have dared :D to suggest living in the countryside as she still considers Pattaya an uncivilised "fifth world" city :D which is located where the jungle ends and the Gulf of Siam starts :o

something like 25-50 rai would have been my preference too :jerk: unfortunately -or perhaps fortunately :wai: - Mrs. Naam is not Thai which would have enabled us to own such acreage without legal hassles and secondly i wouldn't have dared :P to suggest living in the countryside as she still considers Pattaya an uncivilised "fifth world" city :D which is located where the jungle ends and the Gulf of Siam starts :o

I am surprised you got away with Pattaya or even Thailand. Has she insisted on a GPS implant? :D :D :D

whether my dog shits once or twice a day is of much more importance and interest to me than people taking me serious or not. and i don't understand your cryptic suggestion that i should change where i live.

do you think there's something wrong with my house? if yes, what should i change to be taken serious? perhaps colour of roof tiles? :D

I wasnt talking about the house you bought your wife.

I'm talking about the area you bought your wifes house in!

Pattaya?? we all know they ended up there!

Im sorry but i cant take farang serious who end up in pattaya.

I guess your the only financial expert married to a ex......ahh forget it. lol

Edited by BygonKeaw

I am convinced that we need some form of global currency to stabilise the world currency exchanges and my personal finances. I think that China, Russia, the middle east (who are also looking at creating a new currency) and a host of other countries would be very interested in it.

The G20 meeting will certainly provide a few clues about the next step in this direction.

(Oh, and nice looking house Naam, the roof tiles are OK. I personally would prefer a smaller building with more land in the countryside, but I am a convinced renter anyway)

Yes this is the plan matey. These behind the scene elites pulling the stringes will manipulate things so well that people will cry out for a global currency.

Next step global goverment (microchiped and communist at that)

Prison planet. blueprint for global enslavement!

I wasnt talking about the house you bought your wife. I'm talking about the area you bought your wifes house in! Pattaya?? we all know they ended up there! Im sorry but i cant take farang serious who end up in pattaya. I guess your the only financial expert married to a ex......ahh forget it. lol

:D

Edited by AnnyLing

how come that some people with big mouths lacking arguments present assumptions but are not able to read (not to mention their poor orthography) :D

Post #22

Naam 2009-03-27 19:30:48

something like 25-50 rai would have been my preference too. unfortunately -or perhaps fortunately :D - Mrs. Naam is not Thai which would have enabled us to own such acreage without legal hassles and secondly i wouldn't have dared :D to suggest living in the countryside as she still considers Pattaya an uncivilised "fifth world" city :D which is located where the jungle ends and the Gulf of Siam starts :o

Yes this is the plan matey. These behind the scene elites pulling the stringes will manipulate things so well that people will cry out for a global currency.

Next step global goverment (microchiped and communist at that)

Prison planet. blueprint for global enslavement!

The global currency is going to be gold, not some new piece of paper that the Chinese approve of.

how come that some people with big mouths lacking arguments present assumptions but are not able to read (not to mention their poor orthography) :D

Post #22

Naam 2009-03-27 19:30:48

something like 25-50 rai would have been my preference too. unfortunately -or perhaps fortunately :D - Mrs. Naam is not Thai which would have enabled us to own such acreage without legal hassles and secondly i wouldn't have dared :D to suggest living in the countryside as she still considers Pattaya an uncivilised "fifth world" city :D which is located where the jungle ends and the Gulf of Siam starts :o

I've wondered "why Pattaya" too. You seem to fit the profile of someone who retires to Florida but not to at all fit the Pattaya profile. It's a bit difficult to diplomatically ask the question because Pattaya is so easy to ridicule, but aren't there quite a lot of more desireable places that you could have built that house in Thailand? If not the skanky farm girls working in the bars, what's the attraction of Pattaya, the polluted water, dirty sand, and the company of 150kg Germans who came to Thailand for the culture and the temples?

Edited by OriginalPoster

I've wondered "why Pattaya" too. You seem to fit the profile of someone who retires to Florida but not to at all fit the Pattaya profile. It's a bit difficult to diplomatically ask the question because Pattaya is so easy to ridicule, but aren't there quite a lot of more desireable places that you could have built that house in Thailand? If not the skanky farm girls working in the bars, what's the attraction of Pattaya, the polluted water, dirty sand, and the company of 150kg Germans who came to Thailand for the culture and the temples?

it's off topic but i don't refuse to answer a polite question. my wife and me lived nearly 15 years in Florida and left in 2004 because the political situation and the environment became quite unsavoury for foreigners (we are both germans and had no intention to lose our citizenship by taking up another one) after september 11.

Thailand was one of a dozen or more countries which we took into consideration and checked out to spend our "silver years". main advantage of Thailand is that it is one of the few countries which does not impose income tax on foreign retirees. in essence we live in Thailand for free, all expenses to conduct a (compared to any industrialised country) rather luxurious lifestyle, including three fulltime domestic employees, are paid for by the taxes which we are not paying to the german finance minister Herr Peer Steinbrueck :D

besides, we are not really living in Thailand but in our very comfortable home which happens to be located in Pattaya, Thailand. we don't see german or any other tourists (except perhaps when the Mrs. goes shopping), polluted water or dirty sand. we hardly ever go to a restaurant and prefer to eat the meals our cook prepares at home and that (as opposed to restaurants which have fancy names on the menue but deliver :D ) exactly to our liking.

having said so i admit that the Mrs. is still craving for Florida and she would start preparations for a move within the hour if we found a way to live there peacefully and without immigration hassles such as "who are you, what are you, why are you?" and believe it or not my wife was told end of 2003 at Atlanta airport when answering the question 'purpose of visit?' by the immigration officer "having a house in Florida is no valid reason to enter the United States!"

i do hope my answer is satisfactory :o