The Crufts

Kan Win

sorry, i guess i've broken the rules...never saw the rules as i picked up on this thread in the pets forum...the "proud parents" picture was shot about 2 years ago, along with the "dog mating" photo which is 4 years old.

sorry 'bout that...

(both puppy pictures are current, tho')

Edited by turnpike

Thanks! Looks good.

I was aiming for a different angle: eye flow.

The viewer starts at the dog's face, travels down to the right and along the body, then swings a left with the legs. The wood points up to the yellow mass, which takes one back to the face, where it starts again, all keeping the viewers attention.

Thanks! Looks good.

The viewer starts at the dog's face, travels down to the right and along the body, then swings a left with the legs. The wood points up to the yellow mass, which takes one back to the face, where it starts again, all keeping the viewers attention.

Try this technique......when you look the image half close your eyes and look at the centre or focal point of the image and the work out from there

i look at this pic and see the eyes of the animal and work outward, then trim off the bits that detract from the image

then half closed your eyes again and check for the balance around central image, in this case start with the top of the ears and balace left and right of the head

i would not have suggested a crop if the bum of the beast had been left out. leaving the image incomplete.... but in a quick shot this can happen, so you have to make the best of it and capitalize on it

by following the graphic direction (eye movement) idea you are rationalizing a bit too much

hope this is constructive

the mongrel asiatic dog is a wonderful animal so like the australian dingo

Edited by yumidesign

Hi Folks,

One day left to show off your Dog photos.

Please remember only photos within the last 3 months. :o

Noticed that few are out of date and a few without a date in the photo 'Metadata' 'EXIF', :D so please up-date your entry.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! Looks good.

that is all and good, but it does look to me like you just cut off his butt.

i think the crop is better.

the best so far is the wet dog in krabi. it has a miserable feel to it that captures the indignity of a sodden soi dog