Beware Bogus Carpet Sellers Your Not Safe In Your Own Home

paulfromphuket

Today around mid day my door bell rang, some guy trying to sell carpets door to door, I dismissed the idea very quickly and thought no more of it and went back to working online in my living room.

Later I discovered a wrist watch 5000baht and a camera 18,000 baht had disappeared from my bedroom which is at the back of the house. I found marks on the 2.5 metre wall so these buggers had robbed me in broad daylight with me at home!

If these people turn up call the police at once and try to keep them around, dark blue pick up with a carry boy.

Does any one want two dogs as Ihave no need for them anymore there cute but bloody useless!

"I have no need for them anymore"

why the hel_l did you get them in the first place?

You think you can just throw out two animals when you tire of them ?

What an attitude.

oh no.............another offended PETA member.

Can you call Pamela Anderson for me? Fill her in, ha, ha.

Some people have no sense of humor..................

I was a PETA member but I got detected the sarcasm... I got the joke. I knew he was joking.

Hey sorry about the robbers. Must be a horrible and unverving feeling!

Door-to-door carpet floggers in Thailand?

And you had windows open in unsupervised areas of the house? They must have seen this from a back road or similar?

What about your neighbours - or were you the first and only house they tried in the area (If so, why do you think that would be)?

God not another smart arse. The guy is warning people and you come on all Mother Theresa. get a life.

Rick

Another 2 bob flamer... :o

And you had windows open in unsupervised areas of the house? They must have seen this from a back road or similar?

What about your neighbours - or were you the first and only house they tried in the area (If so, why do you think that would be)?

God not another smart arse. The guy is warning people and you come on all Mother Theresa. get a life.

Rick

from an expert one

try to stay on topic please :D

and BTW i dont live in a mansion the bedroom is just off my living room and the front gate is only about 25 metres away from the living room. so these guys moved fast.

Rick

Not flaming just amazed by your 'I told you so' answer. The guy gets robbed in his own home and somehow its his fault. Do you live with your doors and windows permanently closed in this heat? So the next time you answer your door you will first check to see if any of your or your neighbours windows are open?

Thanks to the OP for the warning.

Cheers, Rick

Just for the record, I'm heavily involved in Animal Welfare here in Thailand and would politely ask all stuck up idiots with no sense of humour to get off the chaps back. He was making a "JOKE" and being "SARCASTIC". I know this is a form of wit that you need an element of intelligence to understand, but it doesn't make it any less funny!

You could start by at least thanking the guy for pointing out a scam and trying to "help" other people.

Really sorry to hear about the scam and yer loss mate. Bit of a bummer, one of the joys of living in Thailand I guess :o

Today around mid day my door bell rang, some guy trying to sell carpets door to door, I dismissed the idea very quickly and thought no more of it and went back to working online in my living room.

Later I discovered a wrist watch 5000baht and a camera 18,000 baht had disappeared from my bedroom which is at the back of the house. I found marks on the 2.5 metre wall so these buggers had robbed me in broad daylight with me at home!

If these people turn up call the police at once and try to keep them around, dark blue pick up with a carry boy.

Does any one want two dogs as Ihave no need for them anymore there cute but bloody useless!

My wife had some carpet sellers call the other day (wednesday) in Pak Lok and said that they were not acting right. Hope they don't call back, but yeah you need to watch out here. They left a business card and I think she passed the details onto the police yesterday. I hope they get caught, I bet it was the same guys as Laguna is only 10 mins down the road.

I am thinking of putting some bars up on the windows on the back of the house, I don't want it to look like a prison, but I want to be able to open the window and not have someone jump in. Right now we just keep them mostly shut. We also keep the gate closed and locked and will greet visitors there rather than let them in, unfortunatly at the time these guys called we were having another delivery and the gate was unlocked and they came up the drive.

I spoke recently to an English Expat who had just completed a very modest two bedroom home which had no yard wall, gate or fence installed yet, located near Khaen Dong in North East Thailand. He spoke of his experience with a visit by two women in a pick up truck that claimed to be Muslim from Phuket Province. They claimed to be selling rugs from Iran. He was not interested in the rugs and he told them so. Somehow this expat was foolish enough to allow these strangers into his home and he was complaining to me about what ordinary sundry items they stole from his bathroom. I told him he got off easy, compared to the original poster of this thread. The moral being that thieves come in many forms, and show up in all areas of the World, but it sure is not wise to allow these strangers into your home. I asked him if he would allow a "Persian rug door to door salesman" into his home in the United Kingdom? Now I 100% understand why my wife is not even friendly when she shoos away ALL salespeople from our front gate!!

The OP is doing us a favour in tipping us off - thanks for that Paul, and I for one like your sense of humour - pretty obvious it was a joke, I thought anyway - and good you can joke when you must be really p*ssed off.

Thanks for that and well its was only cheap watch and i fancy a new camara anyway.

But its sure a sign of the times and I dont really like the idea of making my self a prisoner in my own home.

Dogs are cute heres one of them.

Nice Spaniel

we had English Setters for twenty years

I'd like another

Never seen one here though

The OP is doing us a favour in tipping us off - thanks for that Paul, and I for one like your sense of humour - pretty obvious it was a joke, I thought anyway - and good you can joke when you must be really p*ssed off.

Thanks for that and well its was only cheap watch and i fancy a new camara anyway.

But its sure a sign of the times and I dont really like the idea of making my self a prisoner in my own home.

Nice Spaniel

I'd like another

you want it?

Nice Spaniel

I'd like another

you want it?

When we move house

haven't room in a condo