10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

I am just thinking why a mass rally called for next Tuesday night. How can Thaksin declare vcitory next Wednesday.

Could it be that Mark is flying in next Wednesday morning? So Thaksin want to have the biggest group possible to gather on Tuesday night, so that they can march to capture Swampy that night. On Wednesday morning, when Mark cannot land (get diverted to Hua Hin), Thaksin will then declare victory as promised.

Good thinking.

Too bad that a million small victories don't equal the final one, esspecially the way they define "Victory" ;-)

I think that six month from now, the reds will call it a victory, if they still get to occupy a toilet outside the gates of Government house.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depending on one's sources Suthep's original offer of a deal was turned down and now he wants to save face by offering talks, I suppose.

Seeing as the protests and phone ins coincided with the supposed quashed deal I would imagine Suthep is trying to supply some rhetoric to save his ego.

Still doesn't answer my original question though; was there some maneuvering behind the scenes before the deal turned down.

Always better to start the game with a good hand in place.

Unless things are far worse than we think, it is likely that channels are open and always have been and that we dont get to hear any of it.

Suthep will have his links to Thaksin's people. Half of these families have a foot in every camp directly or indirectly.

My guess is that this a good game of poker with some potential bluffing going on although quite by who and if anyone is willing to call that bluff is anyones guess, and we could always suddenly find additonal players at the table as this is not inspite opf attempts to label it so a simple two contiguous sides game.

If of course no channels are open then we can probably expect things to deteriorate badly. However, it is in neither sides interest for civil war to actually break out, but a misstep could cause things to get out of control as Newin alluded to on Friday.

Reds planned to take over provincial governments across the country but fell short on numbers, eventually Nattawut told them to give up. They might show up in Bangkok next week and declare victory, though.

Why wait, methinks? Why not declare victory today and spare us the unnecessary suspense?

Pheu Thai MPs, former Thai Rak Thai executive join rally

Some Pheu Thai Party MPs and former executives of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai party joined the red-shirted rally in front of the Government House at noon Wednesday.

They joined the rally after former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra called on the 110 other banned Thai Rak Thai executives to come out to join the "fight for democracy".

Chiang Rai MP Visaradee Tejathirawat acted a host on the main stage while some former Thai Rak Thai executives and some Pheu Thai MPs joined a talk show on the stage.

They included former Thai Rak Thai executive Wichit Plungsrisakul and Chiang MP Julaphn Amornwiwat.

The Nation

So, if and when this crowd gets disbursed, we should see some new by-elections, since some Pheu Thai MPs are now openly participating in a location, in which the court ordered demonstrators to disband.

Since Thaksin is urging the overthrow of the Government, and these Pheu Thai MPs are participating, that should make them liable to all kinds of lawsuits, possibly including treason.

Not a smart move, I would think.

Tit for tat really. Democrat MPs took part in the PAD rallies at both GH and Airports. Logically the next move would be for the airport. I somehow don't think they will do that but there are obviously a lot of negotiations behind the scenes; maybe they do have a trump card.

Reds planned to take over provincial governments across the country but fell short on numbers, eventually Nattawut told them to give up. They might show up in Bangkok next week and declare victory, though.

Why wait, methinks? Why not declare victory today and spare us the unnecessary suspense?

Hmmm...if you add up all the people, who demonstrated at all the different Provincial Governments, you might end up with a figure of around 2500 - 3000, if you are lucky. Add that to the existing 2000 at Government House today and you might have 5000 People tops. It will definitely have high entertainment value, watching 5000 People trying to overthrow a Government, the size of Thailand lol.

Throw in a few "Taxi Pizzas" and the party is on :o

I am just thinking why a mass rally called for next Tuesday night. How can Thaksin declare vcitory next Wednesday.

Could it be that Mark is flying in next Wednesday morning? So Thaksin want to have the biggest group possible to gather on Tuesday night, so that they can march to capture Swampy that night. On Wednesday morning, when Mark cannot land (get diverted to Hua Hin), Thaksin will then declare victory as promised.

Good thinking.

Too bad that a million small victories don't equal the final one, esspecially the way they define "Victory" ;-)

I think that six month from now, the reds will call it a victory, if they still get to occupy a toilet outside the gates of Government house.

By that time, there's a good chance that some of the Red leaders will be occupying a communal toilet inside a govt. establishment, such as Khlong Prem Prison. Whether Dear Leader will be amongst them ("leading from the front") is anyone's guess, but knowing he is more yellow than red when the cards are down, I wouldn't hold your breath. :o

As you can see there has been a singularly unenthusiastic response to his "rise up brothers and sisters" call, and he must be thinking feverishly now what he can do to stay within his self-imposed spending limit of a mere 5 million US$ a year and still keep the Red show on the road without it fizzling out like a wet fuse.

Koo and Pierrot still loves him though, so all is not lost. :D

Pheu Thai MPs, former Thai Rak Thai executive join rally

Some Pheu Thai Party MPs and former executives of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai party joined the red-shirted rally in front of the Government House at noon Wednesday.

They joined the rally after former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra called on the 110 other banned Thai Rak Thai executives to come out to join the "fight for democracy".

Chiang Rai MP Visaradee Tejathirawat acted a host on the main stage while some former Thai Rak Thai executives and some Pheu Thai MPs joined a talk show on the stage.

They included former Thai Rak Thai executive Wichit Plungsrisakul and Chiang MP Julaphn Amornwiwat.

The Nation

So, if and when this crowd gets disbursed, we should see some new by-elections, since some Pheu Thai MPs are now openly participating in a location, in which the court ordered demonstrators to disband.

Since Thaksin is urging the overthrow of the Government, and these Pheu Thai MPs are participating, that should make them liable to all kinds of lawsuits, possibly including treason.

Not a smart move, I would think.

Tit for tat really. Democrat MPs took part in the PAD rallies at both GH and Airports. Logically the next move would be for the airport. I somehow don't think they will do that but there are obviously a lot of negotiations behind the scenes; maybe they do have a trump card.

The word on the street is that Prems house will be the target on the big day. If they go for that the authorities will stop them or fail trying and there will be chaos and both sides will know this in advance. It is time for the adults on both sides to make sure negotiations work which will mean both sides compromising. I dont however hold out much hope.

Thaksin's asset seizure case starts in July that menas the main point of negotiation of immediacy is......... All the other points about democracy and disolutions are well negotiable, but the big one is about ability to play politics ie money. However, it may just be that if Thaksin can demostrate he can play politics in an extreme way without the seized money that those holding it may realise they may just as well give it back as some kind of retirement plan. Unless of course Thaksin really thinks he can come back and have his revolution and be installed as some kind of Suharto and get his money and......

By that time, there's a good chance that some of the Red leaders will be occupying a communal toilet inside a govt. establishment, such as Khlong Prem Prison. Whether Dear Leader will be amongst them ("leading from the front") is anyone's guess, but knowing he is more yellow than red when the cards are down, I wouldn't hold your breath. :o

As you can see there has been a singularly unenthusiastic response to his "rise up brothers and sisters" call, and he must be thinking feverishly now what he can do to stay within his self-imposed spending limit of a mere 5 million US$ a year and still keep the Red show on the road without it fizzling out like a wet fuse.

Koo and Pierrot still loves him though, so all is not lost. :D

Every Don Quichote needs his Sancho Panza lol

..and pointed out where he believed the problems lay.

And the problem was that not enough businessmen control the poor people, so they need someone like Thaksin to reign them in?

The issue was completely related to the army and privy council and the roles that they hold not the highest institution.

Months ago when Khun Thaksin phoned in, he said Suthep did not contact Khun Thaksin, but back then news said Suthep negotiated and Khun Thaksin refused Suthep's request.

The reds said Suthep is the true PM. He is short of something so Abhisit takes the job. I also see that Abhisit is not the true PM.

Regarding Khun Thaksin's money being seized, I haven't seen any news saying it's corruption money. They cannot prove it.

Hmmm...if you add up all the people, who demonstrated at all the different Provincial Governments, you might end up with a figure of around 2500 - 3000, if you are lucky. Add that to the existing 2000 at Government House today and you might have 5000 People tops. It will definitely have high entertainment value, watching 5000 People trying to overthrow a Government, the size of Thailand lol.

Throw in a few "Taxi Pizzas" and the party is on :o

Well if Kurt Gruen and H90 make organize a demonstration against killing baby-seals in Canada, I am sure we can mobilize more than 5000 people.

(well they really look lovely unsquare).

I remember PAD said they got 50,000 yellows in their meeting in a stadium about 4 months ago.

Not the Nation joked that PAD had 100 million, more than the Thai population :o .

On the date PAD entered Government House, they used only 1 gate. They are certainly a lot more than reds because the reds are around every gate of GH :D

Here are 3,000 reds on 26th March :D :

red.jpg

Edited by Koo82

Months ago when Khun Thaksin phoned in, he said Suthep did not contact Khun Thaksin, but back then news said Suthep negotiated and Khun Thaksin refused Suthep's request.

The reds said Suthep is the true PM. He is short of something so Abhisit takes the job. I also see that Abhisit is not the true PM.

Regarding Khun Thaksin's money being seized, I haven't seen any news saying it's corruption money. They cannot prove it.

Regardless of rights and wrongs the court case to actualluy seize th efunds whihc are currently frozen starts in July.

Suthep iirc knows Thaksin's aide quite well. In reality there will be contact but the details will not exactly burst into the open. There are always behind the scene negotiations between intermediaries.

I remember PAD said they got 50,000 yellows in their meeting in a stadium about 4 months ago.

Not the Nation joked that PAD had 100 million, more than the Thai population :o .

On the date PAD entered Government House, they used only 1 gate. They are certainly a lot more than reds because the reds are around every gate of GH :D

Here are 3,000 reds on 26th March :D :

red.jpg

They must be hiding around the corner, because in that picture, I only see about 1000 ;-)

Methinks the courts probably have enough cases on hold (awaiting Thaksins return) to show corruption several times over what is frozen. The assets he declared and the sums spent over the past few years must be a real adventure story for those that have access to all of it. Then throw in several billion in loans which seem to have vanished from puppy's piggy bank and report ably not to repay loan, maybe your right corruption may not be provable, but theft, fraud, perjury, etc sure are looking good. But then this depends whose looking does it not?

Red-shirts to rally at Finance Ministry on Thursday

The red-shirted people will rally at the Finance Ministry Thursday, Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirted leader, said Wednesday.

He said the rally at the Finance Ministry would mark the beginning of the red-shirt small rallies outside the main demonstration ground at the Government.

He said the protesters would express their opposition to the government's plan to obtain foreign loans to carry out stimulus measures.

Hmmm, so let me get this straight...what they are really saying is.."We don't have enough people left for a big rally, so we will call them small rallies". Then, next week, they will change them to mini rallies, during Songkran, Micro Rallies....see the progression? lol

The red-shirted people will rally at the Finance Ministry Thursday, Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirted leader, said Wednesday.

He said the rally at the Finance Ministry would mark the beginning of the red-shirt small rallies outside the main demonstration ground at the Government.

He said the protesters would express their opposition to the government's plan to obtain foreign loans to carry out stimulus measures.

Hmmm, so let me get this straight...what they are really saying is.."We don't have enough people left for a big rally, so we will call them small rallies". Then, next week, they will change them to mini rallies, during Songkran, Micro Rallies....see the progression? lol

What they are say is that Kasit is with PAD. KASIT OOK BAI.

There are certainly stories of that plus people turning up and then going straight home and that the follow up demos had failed to materialize so Nattawut called it all off. However, they are stories and is anyone really going to take a chance. If half of the 111 decide to turn out and bring their people it will be a big number as many of these feudal overlords have clout and can get bodies. Im not sure the government wants to call that bluff in case it turns out not to be so. A game of poker and a dangerous one.

Everyone is getting tense and trying to goad one another into something silly. A step back from the precipice is best now as the alternative may be violence.

I do hope you are right and that it will all be a peaceful anti-climax but I have my doubts unless some negotiations can calm it all down until the next round, but as the asset seuizure is around the corner that isnt an easy one to pull off.

A big demo in searing temperatures with tempers frayed and lots of hate speech is just one word or action away from an inferno and even with th ebest will of organisers can go off.

I think it means they will rally at places other than just GH.

It is what the yellows did. It keeps them in the news and gives people something to do during the day rather than getting bored and drifting home. They have learned from the yellow tactics of keping interest.

It is what the yellows did. It keeps them in the news and gives people something to do during the day rather than getting bored and drifting home. They have learned from the yellow tactics of keping interest.

paying also worked for the yellow side...

I do know what it means, but...

they don't have enough people. After the order to vacate was posted, a lot of the demonstrators left and government workers returned. They couldn't even produce a decent showing last night, in Chiang Mai, which is supposed to be their stronghold.

To me, it's just like another noodle stand....one pops up and 5 others copy it on the same street, because they seen the first one make money. They've seen the PAD succeed in it's aim to stop the previous Government from amending the Charter and they think, that by copying the PAD actions, they can suceed in their aims, too. The only thing is, it's not a noodle stand and it takes brains to organize a mass movement, plus genuine conviction of most of the people.

paying also worked for the yellow side...

My wife and I were at Government House with the PAD and we didn't get paid. A whole group of people from Mae Taeng, whom we know went and didn't get paid. They went on their own expense, even though they didn't have much money. Although, I don't know for sure, that some people didn't get paid, I didn't meet anyone who did get paid, aside from some of the Guards.

When we where there, people were emotional and I'd seen many of them in tears, at times, when PAD leaders, such as Chamlong came to the stage.

I know for a fact, that a lot of people on the red side get paid. I wish I could mention names, but I am afraid of reprocussions against them.

That's why the red protest won't work, because there aren't enough people in it who really care enough to bring Thaksin back. A lot of people are happy with the democrats now, in the North, because they see the same, or more benefits, that they had under Thaksin.

Yes, I do agree, that there are some people in Thaksin's crowd, who genuinly care, but I doubt that even half of the protesters are there for any other reason than money or protecting/regaining their political or social standings.

Poor misguided pawns, in a chess game that cannot be one, because one side of the board is missing some important pieces ;-)

I do know what it means, but...

they don't have enough people. After the order to vacate was posted, a lot of the demonstrators left and government workers returned. They couldn't even produce a decent showing last night, in Chiang Mai, which is supposed to be their stronghold.

To me, it's just like another noodle stand....one pops up and 5 others copy it on the same street, because they seen the first one make money. They've seen the PAD succeed in it's aim to stop the previous Government from amending the Charter and they think, that by copying the PAD actions, they can suceed in their aims, too. The only thing is, it's not a noodle stand and it takes brains to organize a mass movement, plus genuine conviction of most of the people.

I don't know if they have enough or not.

Will that be at the "small", "mini" or "micro"rally?

Thasins pawns seem to be getting more airtime here on Thai Visa than anywhere else in Thailand :-)

...he is a criminal in all aspects.

Disgusting!

He should keep his magic, nobody needs it

:o

Criminal because his wife bought a land having no fault and no corruption. He's a "criminal" because he is her husband :D and at the same time Prime Minister.

Will that be at the "small", "mini" or "micro"rally?

Thasins pawns seem to be getting more airtime here on Thai Visa than anywhere else in Thailand :-)

I think they'll be able to mobilize a larger crowed on the weekend, Thaksin has deep pockets. But than is Sonkran. If they can't do anything important, at least some violence or bombings, people go home for the festival and all the money was wasted for nothing. So they'll try whatever they can to make it a big show.