Shopping Question -- Baby Clothes

sbk

My nephew and his wife are going to have a baby, and the price of baby clothes being what they are in the US I volunteered to bring out baby clothes from Thailand.

So, now that I have volunteered myself, where is the best place to go for affordable baby/toddler clothes in Bangkok? Platinum fashion mall? I want to get him a range of sizes so that they will have clothes as the baby grows. So, its got to be pretty cheap and since its a boy, doesn't matter if its cute little dresses :o

Great Aunt. Sigh. I'd be depressed except for the fact that my husband's nephew already made me a great aunt a few years ago :D

My nephew and his wife are going to have a baby, and the price of baby clothes being what they are in the US I volunteered to bring out baby clothes from Thailand.

So, now that I have volunteered myself, where is the best place to go for affordable baby/toddler clothes in Bangkok? Platinum fashion mall? I want to get him a range of sizes so that they will have clothes as the baby grows. So, its got to be pretty cheap and since its a boy, doesn't matter if its cute little dresses :o

Great Aunt. Sigh. I'd be depressed except for the fact that my husband's nephew already made me a great aunt a few years ago :D

check in mbk and tokyu,i think you can find somthing reasonable.they always have special sale on sundays

check in mbk and tokyu,i think you can find somthing reasonable.they always have special sale on sundays

Tokyu (next to MBK) has good things at slightly above Carefour prices. When I saw their goods I stopped bringing things from Japan.

Lotus, Carrefour, Big C for basic quality, that will be good enough because it won't be worn more than a few months.

Central and Robinson for more expensive stuff (Robinson being usually a bit cheaper than Central).

for super cheap summer vests and shorts, Carrefour or Tesco Lotus. The designs might be a bit ... lurid, but cheap as chips. Carrefour sometimes has a discount rack for 99 baht for baby gros etc.

for better baby / toddler sets, more for export I think, try Bo Phe market (bring sbdy Thai though or they'll inflate the prices). I've also found some stuff at Pratanum Center (the shopping mall).

There is also a kids outlet for brands like Gap or Next (brands vary) on Sukhumvit Soi 26. It's on the right hand side of the Soi, near to Carrefour, in a lot with other outlets. Won't be so cheap, but very reasonable cp to western prices.